Lap time on a bicycle?

For Results,please see the timekeeper's office next door! To register, click the link in the top right corner.
steve-e
Site Admin
D/P/T/M/S: resting Passenger
Full Name: Steve English
Skype contact: steveenglish.com
Twitter: @steveinmarden

Re: Lap time on a bicycle?

Unread post by steve-e »

That's a whole new thread Warwick ;) less than there used to be.. shall we name them? :D
IF YOU'VE FORGOTTEN YOUR LOGIN EMAIL ME, WE ARE GOING BACK TO BEING LOGGED IN TO READ.
steve@steveenglish.com subject:login and whatever details you remember
Jo Warriner
Setting the Fastest Lap
D/P/T/M/S: Scrutineer
Full Name: Jo Warriner
Twitter: @doolishjo

Unread post by Jo Warriner »

How much faster is jogging than walking? I reckon 9.5 hours would be comfortable pace to walk it
jonesy
On the Starting Grid
Full Name: Kev. Jones

Unread post by jonesy »

My bikes going over with me so I'll do a lap with em!
steve-e
Site Admin
D/P/T/M/S: resting Passenger
Full Name: Steve English
Skype contact: steveenglish.com
Twitter: @steveinmarden

Unread post by steve-e »

Righto mate, I'll get him to get in touch !
IF YOU'VE FORGOTTEN YOUR LOGIN EMAIL ME, WE ARE GOING BACK TO BEING LOGGED IN TO READ.
steve@steveenglish.com subject:login and whatever details you remember
spectator
In Collection Area
Full Name: Steve Mercer

Unread post by spectator »

Bugger! it seems we've bitten off a bit more than we can chew perhaps?? :o It was I that asked Steve to investigate the lap speed for a push bike. Myself & my step dad (Steve Pullan) were discussing “old times” at the TT & recalled the day that my brother Lee (Pullan) had disappeared from the paddock – he was 13 at the time – he wondered back to the tent later in the afternoon having “done a lap” – on his BMX! – Anyhoo – we thought we might have a go ourselves this year – my prep has been to buy a new bike (50th birthday prezzie to myself) and also cut out sugar from my coffee. Mr Pullan has also started training in ernest – the dog now gets 3 walks a day rather than 2, oh, he also oiled his chain & adjusted the Sturmey Archer gears so that all 3 work! We propose to start bright & early?! on Friday 31st May – if it’s not blowing a hooley & all snow has melted – other than that, nothing else left to do is there? – will look out for the thread developing that relates to “how many pubs around the circuit” - it may end up being a better idea trying to confirm the total :beer:
Jo Warriner
Setting the Fastest Lap
D/P/T/M/S: Scrutineer
Full Name: Jo Warriner
Twitter: @doolishjo

Unread post by Jo Warriner »

Alan Shand confirms he did it in 2hours 47 but he says he's old! He's planning on doing it again too.
Muck E
Fired Up
D/P/T/M/S: Pitboarder and more!

Unread post by Muck E »

I was thinking of running the course but not in 1 go!! I thought about doing it in a few runs over the fortnight,

10 min miles would do as an overall average as I hate hills!!!

Most weeks I try 3 runs 1 of 10 miles, 1 of 7 and 1 of about 5 so that's 22 miles done.

I reckon it should only take 6hrs 10!! :?

Anyone up for it and anyone want to drop me of and wait for me 6-10 miles up the road!! :roll:

I dont really know the course that well part from maybe the mountain section would be a short and sweet run :shock: