Tyre pressure??

For Results,please see the timekeeper's office next door! To register, click the link in the top right corner.
frankoo
On the Starting Grid
D/P/T/M/S: Driver/Passenger
Full Name: shane high

Tyre pressure??

Unread post by frankoo »

Hi,
Can anyone advise on what's the best tyre pressure to have with slicks and wets with yoko's and avon's on an F2?
If it matters my weight is approx 15stone with leathers and my passenger is approx 14stone in leathers....

Thanks...
gatekeeper
Setting the Fastest Lap
D/P/T/M/S: dodgy driver
Full Name: ian[gatey]derbyshire

Re: Tyre pressure??

Unread post by gatekeeper »

on avons i use 12/12/17 as a base
just one more lap and i'll have him
DaveMac
On the Starting Grid
D/P/T/M/S: Driver
Full Name: David McArthur

Unread post by DaveMac »

when you say 12/12/17 is that Front/Chair/Rear? Thanks
Simon Smith
Throttle on the Stop
Full Name: Simon Smith
Twitter: @simonsmithno92

Unread post by Simon Smith »

Front 12, Rear 12, Chair 17.

Try putting more in the chair if you don't want it to grip too much.
Whites
Scything Through The Field
Full Name: David Schofield

Unread post by Whites »

As far as I remember we use 11 in the rear, 12 in the front and 18 in the side.

We used to have the side higher but as Simon mentioned it wasn't gripping around rights, so we lowered it and it now digs in nicely and helps on the right handers.
Schofield Racing
Currently driving a Windle Suzuki GSX-R600 K7.
Visit our facebook page.
Visit our Sponsor: http://witcheliquid.co.uk
frankoo
On the Starting Grid
D/P/T/M/S: Driver/Passenger
Full Name: shane high

Unread post by frankoo »

Thanks for the reply's, I've been putting in 14/14/20 dry and wets and it does seem to be sliding alot,
I thought it was down to the tyres being well used, hopefully lowering the pressure should help it... :)
Do you put the same pressure in wets?
powerhouse
Setting the Fastest Lap
D/P/T/M/S: driver
Full Name: brian ilaria

Unread post by powerhouse »

On well used yokos we use 12/11/17 f/r/c
Reason for this is as yokos get more heat cycles through them the take longer to heat up due to the rubber getting harder effectively baking every cycle. Sometimes taking as many as five race laps to warm up. We as many others have gone to avons as the rubber in my opinion is a lot better,the tyres heat up a lot faster and allow more heat cycles resulting in slower hardening of the rubber. I may have some part worn yokos if you pm me :)
We broke something, I think it was traction….........

www.powerhouseturbo.com
http://www.goodwintanks.co.uk
Gary Longshlong
Fired Up
D/P/T/M/S: Victim
Full Name: Gary Partridge

Unread post by Gary Longshlong »

On slick Avons, we used 13f,14r,17s.
On your wets try 10 alround: we have run 9 alround before and that also worked really well. On slicks everyone always run a higher pressure in the chair to kick the back out, it'll do that with very little encouragement when it's wet: drop the pressures and increase the contact patch for more grip.
Just try it on a test day, you will be amazed as will the competition when you leave them paddling around in your spray!
You know when you have been 'Dongo'ed'!
http://www.happydog.manx.nu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
wayne
Fired Up

Unread post by wayne »

its took us 5 laps to get going once we did it was full gas proper :notworthy: :lol:

powerhouse wrote:On well used yokos we use 12/11/17 f/r/c
Reason for this is as yokos get more heat cycles through them the take longer to heat up due to the rubber getting harder effectively baking every cycle. Sometimes taking as many as five race laps to warm up. We as many others have gone to avons as the rubber in my opinion is a lot better,the tyres heat up a lot faster and allow more heat cycles resulting in slower hardening of the rubber. I may have some part worn yokos if you pm me :)
powerhouse
Setting the Fastest Lap
D/P/T/M/S: driver
Full Name: brian ilaria

Unread post by powerhouse »

wayne wrote:its took us 5 laps to get going once we did it was full gas proper :notworthy: :lol:

powerhouse wrote:On well used yokos we use 12/11/17 f/r/c
Still buzzing then wayne :D
We broke something, I think it was traction….........

www.powerhouseturbo.com
http://www.goodwintanks.co.uk
Wal
Setting the Fastest Lap
D/P/T/M/S: Driver/Teaboy
Full Name: Wally Saunders

Unread post by Wal »

Gary Longshlong wrote:On slick Avons, we used 13f,14r,17s.
On your wets try 10 alround: we have run 9 alround before and that also worked really well. On slicks everyone always run a higher pressure in the chair to kick the back out, it'll do that with very little encouragement when it's wet: drop the pressures and increase the contact patch for more grip.
Just try it on a test day, you will be amazed as will the competition when you leave them paddling around in your spray!
Personally Gary I believe 9 or 10 to be too low, firstly at those pressures you stand a good chance of spinning the tyre on the rim, and from a grip point of view, if the pressure is too low, the tread/grooves can close up and lose effectiveness.. . .just my opinion.
I don’t regret the things I did wrong, I do regret the things I did right. . .for the wrong people !