Controlled tyre

For Results,please see the timekeeper's office next door! To register, click the link in the top right corner.
ian express tyres
Fired Up

Controlled tyre

Unread post by ian express tyres »

have they made the f1 brittish a controlled tyre championship , is this true, some people have yokos from last year ,
craig n
Fired Up
D/P/T/M/S: Driver
Full Name: Craig Nicol

Re: Controlled tyre

Unread post by craig n »

seems to be,nae luck
steve-e
Site Admin
D/P/T/M/S: resting Passenger
Full Name: Steve English
Skype contact: steveenglish.com
Twitter: @steveinmarden

Unread post by steve-e »

Is it? I've not heard this. Have you asked Roger Ian?
IF YOU'VE FORGOTTEN YOUR LOGIN EMAIL ME, WE ARE GOING BACK TO BEING LOGGED IN TO READ.
steve@steveenglish.com subject:login and whatever details you remember
Fired Up

Unread post by 77 »

I have just read my info pack and it is true..... I for one have a years supply of yoko's as do a few other teams. So what happens now..... I was not aware of this was anyone else?
wingnut
Fired Up
D/P/T/M/S: Team Manager
Full Name: Mike Kirk

Unread post by wingnut »

Very interesting. :shock: I watch this thread with fascination :twisted:
If your not living life on the edge your taking up to much space
lovingit
Setting the Fastest Lap
D/P/T/M/S: driver
Full Name: dean banks
Twitter: @f2sidecar

Unread post by lovingit »

surely to make such a massive decision the teams should have been consulted as i think quite a few have tyres to use
Dream as if youll live forever and live as if youll die tomorrow.... Happy days
mum e
Lapping the Tail Enders
D/P/T/M/S: tea lady
Full Name: Mum English. Eve

Unread post by mum e »

So whos, paying, if you didnt know you were going to get them :?:
When the wind blows ,we shall have snow! Hope not ,
Kickaha
Setting the Fastest Lap
D/P/T/M/S: Rider
Full Name: Warwick Demmocks

Unread post by Kickaha »

What brand and type is the control tyre?
"The rider gets the glory, the passenger gets the blame"
smiffy
One Lap Completed
Full Name: Gary Smith

Unread post by smiffy »

lovingit wrote:surely to make such a massive decision the teams should have been consulted as i think quite a few have tyres to use

Why should they be consulted ?

If you want to race in Superstock be it Junior or 1000's at British then you use Metzelers . If you want to race in Bristish Superbike or Supersport you use Pirelli . If you don't want to use them because you have Michelins or Dunlops , then don't race there and go club racing where you can use them !

2 years ago F1 sidecars were on their a*$e . The top level in the UK was at club race meetings . Now there is a proper British Championship with 50% of the rounds at BSB , Eurosport TV coverage and £1500 for a win , and this comes with free entries !!

But you have to use Avons ? and the problem is ????

Probably 95% of the teams competing have to buy their tyres for the 2011 season , so it doesn't matter if they are Avon's , Yokohamas , Toyo Tyres or Aldi specials .. we all inthe same boat . Or should the Championship be designed around the 5% who have tyres already bought ?
kew
Lapping the Tail Enders
D/P/T/M/S: driver
Full Name: Keith Walters

Unread post by kew »

If you want to race in solo classes in BSB they have to use a control tyre but they have been given notice of the rule probably from the previous season.
How much notice has been given to the sidecar class?
Mr Smith, I don't think there's any need to be so stroppy, the competitors are just voicing an opinion.
I took the shell off my racing snail thinking it would make him faster.
It just made him more sluggish.
martyf350
One Lap Completed
D/P/T/M/S: passenger
Full Name: martin james pither

Unread post by martyf350 »

if its been0last minute thing it waae unfair!i dont know a lot about settin f1s up but if teams r used 2 using yokis and must now use avons surely this wil put them at a d4sadvantage
f350 championship 2004 2nd place
f350 championship 2005 3rd place
classic championship 2007 3rd place
f350 championship 2009 2nd place
2010??
frankie66
Scything Through The Field
D/P/T/M/S: talented athlete
Full Name: stuart muldoon

Unread post by frankie66 »

Every one knew that it would be Avon this year as yoko had stopped making Tyres .
Ian told us all that he would not be suppling the paddock in 2011 and this was common knowledge from the pembrey 1st round 2010. If you are a team who has purchased a load of yokos then contact mr dommett or mr body and get the true answer as to where you stand on this instead of moaning on here about it . For the last 15 years it's been yoko only and nobody complained then !!!!!

As mike says 2 years ago we didn't have all this available racing or tv coverage, so maybe for once follow the rest and get on with the job in hand which is racing at the highest level.
kinyeseemenoo ! naw, kinyeseemenoo !!
smiffy
One Lap Completed
Full Name: Gary Smith

Unread post by smiffy »

kew wrote:If you want to race in solo classes in BSB they have to use a control tyre but they have been given notice of the rule probably from the previous season.
How much notice has been given to the sidecar class?
Mr Smith, I don't think there's any need to be so stroppy, the competitors are just voicing an opinion.
Its not stroppy , it seems that sidecar racers are never happy. If solo competitors could read this they would think we are a joke.
When Superstock 1000 first went to Metzeler tyres they had to run "Metzeler" stickers on the front and both sides of their bikes , they also had to run "Metzeler" branding on their leathers. They also had to buy their tyres from the Metzeler truck at the BSB meetings that was charging £50 more per set than what the tyres could be bought elsewhere. But if you wanted to race at BSB on a stock 1000 , with TV coverage and at the best tracks with largest audience , then thats what you had to do . That year they were so over subscribed they had to run 2 stock 1000 classes.

I raced sidecars 20 odd years ago , and by giving competitors opinions on the rules it invariably caused arguments and whining.
I quit sidecars and went solo racing, and it is so simple , the rules are laid out and if you want to race in that class then that is what you use , if you don't like it then you race in a different class or with a different club. You have a choice.
Going back to sidecars after 15 years it appears very little has changed, sidecar racers still like to whine about everything.

I still work very closely with solo racers and everyone I have spoke to is gobsmacked at the deal we have to race in British F1 this year. I feel sometimes we should look at the bigger picture rather than moaning about one part or other of the rules , be it engines being stock or tyres being Avons.

Gary ( not Mike ) wouldnt want to be upsetting all you nice people and some one else getting the blame :D :D
Alan Richardson
Setting the Fastest Lap
D/P/T/M/S: Driver
Full Name: Alan

Unread post by Alan Richardson »

From an ex-racer....well said Smiffy and Stu. Enjoy what you have people and get on with it. Mind you, it might have been better had it been made clearer from the outset. If thats how it is, thats how it is....you have the choice. Bemsee, NG, DP, etc. Anyone with a stock of Yoko's, sell them to the club lads.
ian express tyres
Fired Up

Unread post by ian express tyres »

surely people who have yokos purchased allready can use them . i havnt sold any to anybody this year as you know i have none . people cant afford to buy something else aswell as have yokos new on wheels needing used up .. :(