Classic Honda outfit on ebay.

Classic and Vintage outfit discussion, including Where are they now, the people hunter.
ianw
Opposite Lock Through the Chicanes

Classic Honda outfit on ebay.

Unread post by ianw »

the gobshite
Scything Through The Field
D/P/T/M/S: smelly solo
Full Name: michael allen

Unread post by the gobshite »

was already in my watch list

would like to do classic solos on a bsa rocket 3, but toying witch classic 3 wheelers
Michael Allen, (occasional) open solo's
jan71
Fired Up

Unread post by jan71 »

Naughty boy, states it's 990cc :shocked: CRMC stated lower cc limits on honda 4's ;) No wonder it was going well :-P
mrequipe
Lapping the Tail Enders
D/P/T/M/S: driver / manufacture
Full Name: mike richards

Unread post by mrequipe »

Why isnt a 990 Honda allowed ? Even was up to thirteen hundred cc which was allowed in the peroid ?
Ok there were no 1000 cc hondas about time, but there were no
belt driven Imps, Nortons etc, also no 900 weslakes (700cc in that period) no reed valves on two strokes, no 1000 cc long stroke Tridents (830 using Bonneville pistons in the period) no big bore XS Yamahas in the period.
Geffro
On the Starting Grid
D/P/T/M/S: Driver
Full Name: Geoff Hand

Unread post by Geffro »

There was never a mention of the max cc for the Honda engine untill we started to become competition ,which i dont think many of the current crmc racers like,at 990cc it was just starting to get with the big imps 998 or 1040 or bigger may be . its just another negative from the crmc .

O and just a thought to the moaning crmc men perhaps it wasnt all down to the 990 Honda engine maybe Darren and myself are quit capable of racing a sidecar at the front ,have a look at our results for the last 6 events of the year on our F2 , did not have one person moan there just a few well dones .

No wounder there are so few at the events ,you work hard all month to get the old thing ready to go have some fun when all they want to do is knock you down (thats how i have felt within the crmc). im converted the moden stuff F2 F1 are for me much better . ho,ho,ho to all and have a merry one :d :d and the crmc :-P
mrequipe
Lapping the Tail Enders

Good on you Geffro :)
Geffro
On the Starting Grid

Unread post by Geffro »

Thank you lord vader may the F2 force be with you
petercaughlin
Throttle on the Stop

big honda`s

Unread post by petercaughlin »

Actually being an old fart who raced a Triumph 650cc outfit in the early 70`s,I remember Hadleigh Custom of Southend they had a Honda 4(probably 750) but not only that as a South London boy I was going by Parkes the BSA dealers who had gone to Honda as well and out the front were 2 outfits that were part sponsored by them and they were powered by Leadwing engines..and I guess the first Leadwings were 1000cc,open to correction as I basically know naff all about Jap stuff,,

Long live the progressive reactionary party
p.a.caughlin
Triplebrew
Sniffing a Victory
D/P/T/M/S: Ballast
Full Name: Ian Tapsell

Unread post by Triplebrew »

GEFFRO wrote:There was never a mention of the max cc for the Honda engine untill we started to become competition ,which i dont think many of the current crmc racers like,at 990cc it was just starting to get with the big imps 998 or 1040 or bigger may be . its just another negative from the crmc .

O and just a thought to the moaning crmc men perhaps it wasnt all down to the 990 Honda engine maybe Darren and myself are quit capable of racing a sidecar at the front ,have a look at our results for the last 6 events of the year on our F2 , did not have one person moan there just a few well dones .

No wounder there are so few at the events ,you work hard all month to get the old thing ready to go have some fun when all they want to do is knock you down (thats how i have felt within the crmc). im converted the moden stuff F2 F1 are for me much better . ho,ho,ho to all and have a merry one :d :d and the crmc :-P

Have to agree with what your saying Geoff although I don't think I will defect to F1 or F2 as am not that interested in it (other than to watch:) )
2011 MR Equipe Trident

It's A Triple Thing!

http://www.triplebrewracing.co.uk"

To finish first, first you must finish.
richard

Unread post by richard »

Just to correct Geoff on the Honda c.c limit. The C.R.M.C in the past have not wanted Honda's in the club I got the rules changed to get them in, as they were raced in the period and should be out there. But it had to be no bigger than 830cc which the biggest you could go with the standard block this was said at the time at the A.G.M when they were allowed in. The only other thing Geoff was pulled up about was he ran a lot bigger tyre's than you are allowed to run in the club. It was not the club or the committee that said anything about how fast the bike had started to go but the other sidecar driver I hope this clears up the matter on engine size
mrequipe
Lapping the Tail Enders

Perhaps the rules should be altered to let the Honda go to 1300 cc if they want ?
I know of Tridents, Nortons, Bmw's all of which run big blocks which werent available in the period. My dad raced during that period and the limit was 1300cc so why not Honda 1000's ?
richard

Unread post by richard »

I agree with you Engine's that were not raced in the period now race out there, but they have crept in and now it to late to stop them. as I said the club have not wanted them in the past. and the only way I could get them in was with this concession so it was better a limit or no Honda's
ianw
Opposite Lock Through the Chicanes

Unread post by ianw »

Who is the "other sidecar driver" you mention richard?
Geffro
On the Starting Grid

Unread post by Geffro »

There i was my first ever sidecar road race,nice man comes over (Richard) sorry but your tyres are to wide(1") you will have to change them ,miss race one dissy drive fault,race 2 canceld bad weather,go to vintage club next week no tyre haseel but kill engine (imp) in race one ,spend next few weeks and lots of money getting going again, go to oulton park crmc,nice man comes over, you havent swaped them tyres yet so no points to be scored(fine by me just wanted to have some fun and try to keep it running) 2 slow races and another nackerd engine :( and if you come to the next meeting with the same tyres on,no ride at all go straight home do not play do not have fun :( tyres changed. seasone went from bad to worse, dam that imp.
It all came over a bit harsh for a first timer not a warm wellcome that is the norm with sidecars ,i just dont see why other competitors get so worked up over such small things it only for fun in the end,Richard must get fed up with having his eare bent all the time and then just doing his job has to go and spoil some ones day.
as for the Honda engine size i waited to see if there where any restictions when it was said that they could be used,there was nothing on the crmc website nor any mention in writing to members of the club, any way cadwell park was the first time that i had gone over 830cc and i did not hide the fact althou i did not make it clear on the entry form always enterd it as a 750 honda so that any spectators could relate to the engine .
So peple stop moaning ang get on with having some fun because thats all you should ever expect to get out of racing old timer bikes/sidecars,you cannot afford to lose many more racers it looks poor with the few that are left .rant over have fun fun fun fun :) :)
mrequipe
Lapping the Tail Enders

Is that why your selling your bike GEFFRO ? :(