Going to Watch the 2015 TT

For Results,please see the timekeeper's office next door! To register, click the link in the top right corner.
DaveMac
On the Starting Grid
D/P/T/M/S: Driver
Full Name: David McArthur

Going to Watch the 2015 TT

Unread post by DaveMac »

So I'm coming over to watch the 2015 TT as there is going to be several New Zealand teams entered, what i'd like to know is what is the best way to do the TT? I have thought of getting a campervan in england and taking it over but are there enough places that you can park it, other ideas so far include joining one the TT tour groups but that is not cheap and i don't like the idea of being told where & when i have to be in certain places haha,

Any other ideas?
gatekeeper
Setting the Fastest Lap
D/P/T/M/S: dodgy driver
Full Name: ian[gatey]derbyshire

Re: Going to Watch the 2015 TT

Unread post by gatekeeper »

i allways take a camper van or just a van i stop in the carpark outside the terminal ----£4 for 24 hours you will see maybe ten more motorhomes parked up in the same place and i'll be there next year too
just one more lap and i'll have him
Simon Smith
Throttle on the Stop
Full Name: Simon Smith
Twitter: @simonsmithno92

Unread post by Simon Smith »

Dave,

You will not have a problem finding somewhere to park up.

Can someone confirm if Dave will need a caravan licence or are motorhomes exempt?

Simon
DaveMac
On the Starting Grid

Unread post by DaveMac »

Cheers for the input, if you park near the terminal can you still get around to different parts of the circuit?
steve-e
Site Admin
D/P/T/M/S: resting Passenger
Full Name: Steve English
Skype contact: steveenglish.com
Twitter: @steveinmarden

Unread post by steve-e »

You won't have a problem with a camper, that's the way to do it. I was looking earlier for sites for you but lost the plot a bit and got waylaid.
Don't panic about getting round the circuit, you can get anywhere round the outside with a bit of effort, and there's time to do it. You can cross to the inside as well if you must via the access road.
You're planning early, we can load you up with so much stuff you don't know what's going on, or we can do it slowly and you'll enjoy it :D Chill dude :D
IF YOU'VE FORGOTTEN YOUR LOGIN EMAIL ME, WE ARE GOING BACK TO BEING LOGGED IN TO READ.
steve@steveenglish.com subject:login and whatever details you remember
DaveMac
On the Starting Grid

Unread post by DaveMac »

Haha, No worries Steve, I'm planing early as i like to be organized and have heard that places get booked out well in advance so don't want to miss out haha, We are only going to be there for Race week then will be doing some tiki touring around england and scotland as we've never been over there before.
Toby
One Lap Completed
D/P/T/M/S: Wal's Gopher
Full Name: Alan Toby Blackhurst

Unread post by Toby »

You will be lucky to find any sailings left for race week 2015. People were waiting out side the Steam Packet office at 5am when they went on sale last month.
Helen Gibson
Sniffing a Victory
D/P/T/M/S: Passenger (ret'd)
Full Name: Helen Gibson

Unread post by Helen Gibson »

You need to get in touch with the Steam Packet as soon as possible. I think for a campervan you will have to phone them to book, but have a look on the website www.steam-packet.com first. Race week may well be fully booked by now :-(
Happiness is three-wheeled.