Guy Martin refused a start

For Results,please see the timekeeper's office next door! To register, click the link in the top right corner.
steve-e
Site Admin
D/P/T/M/S: resting Passenger
Full Name: Steve English
Skype contact: steveenglish.com
Twitter: @steveinmarden

Guy Martin refused a start

Unread post by steve-e »

I thought everyone knew you had to have practiced by Weds. Good to see the prima donnas not getting it all their own way although I'm sure some of the fans won't see it like that.

The rules are meant to be there for everyone, they're rules not the Pirate code :D
IF YOU'VE FORGOTTEN YOUR LOGIN EMAIL ME, WE ARE GOING BACK TO BEING LOGGED IN TO READ.
steve@steveenglish.com subject:login and whatever details you remember
SlowPhil
Throttle on the Stop
D/P/T/M/S: almost a driver
Full Name: phil jones

Re: Guy Martin refused a start

Unread post by SlowPhil »

That Guy needs a black spot, argh he does that :lol:
Worked all week, it's time to play gonna get a little bit sideways!!!!
the gobshite
Scything Through The Field
D/P/T/M/S: smelly solo
Full Name: michael allen

Unread post by the gobshite »

Probably turned up late to look like an eccentric character.

"Ee, just get me sen outta bed and ive had no practice and done a ???mph lap, blah blah,blah"

So bored of the hype behind him
Michael Allen, (occasional) open solo's
padix
In Collection Area
D/P/T/M/S: teaboy

Unread post by padix »

Ya can't be that bored of the hype behind him because you've taken time to post about him, and as for starting a thread calling I think is a bit shit, do you even know any facts about why he didn't turn up until now? Doubt it..... I take it your happy turning your forum into a bitching site like a lot of the other forums, disappointed Steve.. I'm sure all the slaggings that he gets on sites are reciprocated... Again doubt it, who does that actually make the better man
Metalface.
D/P/T/M/S: Super Hero.
Full Name: Mark Berry

Unread post by Metalface. »

I don't think Steves slagging anyone, to me it reads that he's pointing out that its good that the more famous/well known racers are treated equally just like they should be. Rules are rules after all.....

And lets face it, Guy Martin is a prima donner, you only have to watch that film he made to see that. :lol:
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.
padix
In Collection Area

Unread post by padix »

I'm sorry my eyes must be painted on because what I saw was an informative title saying guy martin refused a start, but then it goes on to call him a prima donna which I thought was a bit unnecessary, that to me is calling someone. What's prima donna about having to be at work because you've just had a week off entertaining people at the Ulster.. then just a week later need more time off. In what way did he come across as a prima donna in the film?
Metalface.

All the stomping about and throwing his toys out of his pram because he didn't get his own way for a start, like being unpleasent to the marshals because they wouldn't let him in the paddock without his pass, you have watched it I take it?
padix
In Collection Area

Unread post by padix »

I have never had my pass on me ever while iv had my leathers on on the way to the TT grid don't know any rider that does, think that's about the last thing on my mind before I head off down that hill.., don't be under the illusion that you know him because you've seen him on a DVD for a couple of hours,
Metalface.

I'm under no illusion, but I am entitled to have my own opinions and you yours, you asked for an example, I gave you one....
Bob B
Smashed all the Records
D/P/T/M/S: BTDTGTTS
Full Name: Bob Bird
Skype contact: janebob47210
Twitter: Sod Twitter, banned

Unread post by Bob B »

Thanks gents - one up for free speech I guess :-)
It is true about the sidecar family - you can stop racing but you can never, ever leave!
Jo Warriner
Setting the Fastest Lap
D/P/T/M/S: Scrutineer
Full Name: Jo Warriner
Twitter: @doolishjo

Unread post by Jo Warriner »

Steve wasn't slagging Guy but I'm sure after all the stuff on the likes of fb last night that we've all read plenty willing to both slag off and defend Guy. It was hot news that everyone was dying to find out about, was he riding or not. THe very fact that the media broke the story before it had even come down the official channels that he was a non starter proves this. And no doubt the raging debate is being fuelled by the media.

The way I see it, rules are rules. The problem is there are huge amounts of newcomers this year. Bend the rules for Guy and then you have to do the same for the newcomer who really isn't fast enough.

As a race official I often say I don't make the rules, I don't even have to like or agree with them. But I am here to enforce them.
lurch
One Lap Completed
D/P/T/M/S: archer
Full Name: vince robert verrier

Unread post by lurch »

am i right in thinking that he was unable to practice because the manx norton was a prototype and had issues?? if that was the case, padix am i right??, then having a fair ruling on not being able to continue is, imho, one that has fulfilled its promise. On both a political, and safety issue in this instance. Guy will forever be liked by many, and hated by everyone else, he is marmite, but, he has done more for motorcycle racing and the general public in recent years than any other english rider, again my opinion.
Just Looking
rugbyfan
D/P/T/M/S: Marshal
Full Name: Sam Talbot

Unread post by rugbyfan »

I heard the same Lurch, the Molnar Manx wasn't ready in time.
Also heard that Guy had stated at the UGP that he wouldn't be arriving at the MGP 'til late.
Much as I like the feller, rules are rules.
lurch
One Lap Completed
D/P/T/M/S: archer
Full Name: vince robert verrier

Unread post by lurch »

taken from an article on crash.net

Martin had been due to ride for Team Molnar Manx Norton in the 500cc race.

"There's been a lot of trouble with the prototype Manx Norton. It wouldn't run properly until tonight (Thursday)," he said.

"I arrived over this morning (Thursday) and the organisers wouldn't let me practice – so there was no option other than to head back home. Bugger!”
Just Looking
bruce moore
Lapping the Tail Enders
D/P/T/M/S: Driver/Passenger
Full Name: Bruce Moore

Unread post by bruce moore »

Gutted for the spectators, the TT needs characters like Guy, great shame, the bloke knows his way round just a little bit more than a newcomer, so I don't think you can compare
And that's my opinion !