Statement regarding COVID-19 and the Molson Group British Sidecar Championship Following unprecedented measures announced by the Government this week in…
Following the cessation of Motor Sport on the Isle of Man in the midst of the Covid-19 pandemic the Directors of the Rob Vine Fund, Registered Charity No.954 (Isle of Man) wish to inform the public of the Isle of Man that they have unanimously decided to make all our equipment available to support the Manx community. This means we can supply the DHSC with:
Whilst we are all in this suspended state, with not very much happening on the surface, it does not mean the feet are not paddling away below. We at RKB-F1 Motorsport are hard at it planning what hopefully will turn out to be the season we all want.
Given we now have 2 Championships running in parallel – The UK and World, we are looking to expand the team on the ground on race weekends, particularly in the area of PR, Social Media and TV.
Covid-19 Update In light of recent developments in the COVID-19 crisis, and following the address to the nation by the…
From Barry Nutley
There can be no denying that what the world is going through with the Coronavirus pandemic right now, is something none of us has ever lived through before.
We have all heard our parents and grandparents waxing lyrical about the hardships that “The War” brought to their daily lives. Indeed Uncle Albert from Only Fools and Horses coined the phrase “durin’ the war” to the constant annoyance of Rodney and Del Boy.
I just realised I hadn’t posted it on here.. don’t bother with Mallory Park tomorrow!
From Phil Edge:-
Southern 100 Racing held a meeting of its senior race officials on Wednesday evening 18th March to discuss the running of the 2020 Isle of Man Steam Packet Company Southern 100 Road Races either on the scheduled dates of 6th, 7th, 8th & 9th July or possibly postpone them until later in the year.
It is with regret that the ACU are suspending all competition and social activity until 30th April 2020, but this will be constantly reviewed. This is in response to the emerging guidance issued by HM UK Government in response to the outbreak of COVID-19.
Due to Government advice regarding the avoidance of mass gatherings, slowing the spread of the virus and not tying up essential NHS resource during the current situation, we have taken the unavoidable decision to postpone the Spring Cup from 18th / 19th April