Pembrey CRMC - Awesome!

Classic and Vintage outfit discussion, including Where are they now, the people hunter.
Triplebrew
Sniffing a Victory
D/P/T/M/S: Ballast
Full Name: Ian Tapsell

Pembrey CRMC - Awesome!

Unread post by Triplebrew »

Yippee!!! What a great weekend we had. Went out in practice and had massive grip problems. Seems that the new power we have is stretching the chassis a wee bit :lol: After some advice from Dave and Keith Latheron a change in tyre pressure improved things lots. Saturdays Race 1 was great with us 'tail gunners' have a four way dice. Race 2 saw us DNF when a rocker box cap decided on a bid for freedom! Sundays Race 1 was ok but a not too good start an feeling a little tired (how unfit are we?! :oops: ). Race 2 saw a repaet of the four way duel and us taking the head of the group on the exit of Dibeni. Then it all went a bit whoops as the rear of the outfit tried to overtake the front and we skidded down the circuit some 30 or so feet sideways! Managed to stop safely on the infield, bumpstarted as the speed dropped and re entered the circuit safely just before the bottom corner and got a race finish.

The last race of the day was an extra race done on a handicap system. We were first off and made the most of it. We actually led for six out of the seven laps being overtaken just after the last lap flag went out. Second was a great result and we are over the moon!
2011 MR Equipe Trident

It's A Triple Thing!

http://www.triplebrewracing.co.uk"

To finish first, first you must finish.
jan71
Fired Up

Unread post by jan71 »

Well done chaps, we watched the scratch race and we all thought you may have just got it, but hey second is still pretty cool.

I think you should get award for shiniest most polished outfit in the club!

Anyway apologies for not catching up with ya, but we were plagued with ignition probs all weekend and spent most of our time swearing arguing and re-soldering wiring on the imp!!

Any way look forward to seeing you all at Lydden. - Just an observation but what are you revving that triple to?? I thought it sounded a little flat? Perhaps gearing? anyway just an observation as I said.

Well done chaps,

Jan.
Triplebrew
Sniffing a Victory

Thanks Jan. Sorry to hear of your ignition woes. Revving the beast is something that the head still struggles with:) Also Saturday was running in. Was spinning up to around 7-7,500. Still work to do on the gearing front. we started Saturday with 35 on the rear and went 36 for Sunday. Now know that 37 would have been fine and possibly even 38?

See you at Lydden.
2011 MR Equipe Trident

It's A Triple Thing!

bludge
Lapping the Tail Enders
D/P/T/M/S: Having a year orf!
Full Name: Andy Bludge Smith
Twitter: andysmith151

Unread post by bludge »

heard the 'handicap' race went really well and was exiting to watch.

well done to who ever sorted out the 'departure' times for the outfits because it's an art to get it right 8) :D
Millie ~ You're a spoilt brat Alice!

Alice (upset) ~ I am not a boiled sprout!!! :)

www.honeypotcottages.co.uk
Triplebrew
Sniffing a Victory

Just wondered, with your newfound power, why you were only mixing it with 750 big wheelers?
That is a bit harsh :( The big wheel Imp is over 750 and the big wheel Norton crew have been riding for a long time. This is only the start of our third season and now we have a motor that works the learning can begin :)
Mind you, I may have been miss-informed and could be down to you running in, I guess.
Indeed we were. Sunday afternoon was the first time we were able to ride with 'anger'. Following our slide :shock: in Race 1 which was pretty scarey, all in all a great weekend :D
2011 MR Equipe Trident

It's A Triple Thing!

Geffro
On the Starting Grid
D/P/T/M/S: Driver
Full Name: Geoff Hand

Unread post by Geffro »

Having killd my £80 Honda engine i had the chance to watch on sunday ,(only race 1) and for me its the best ive seen you race and i mean race you sure looked like you were having a real go , nice one lads keep it up. Heres to Lydden and a reliable weekend :D 8)