Rookie passenger seeking team mate Bemsee 2019

Tell us when you're available and what region you are willing to travel to..
GSlater13
In Collection Area
D/P/T/M/S: Passenger
Full Name: George Slater

Rookie passenger seeking team mate Bemsee 2019

Unread post by GSlater13 »

Maybe a bit lengthy, but I'd rather be specific and say too much than too little in this case!

My name's George Slater;
I'm 22 from Stoke-on-Trent, 6ft tall and 11 stone on the dot.
I've always been into fitness and martial arts, so I'm no stranger to strength, endurance and flexibility!

I'm looking for a team mate for the 2019 Bemsee championship. Bemsee are the ones that got me started in this sport and I'd like to show them some loyalty! This past year I've attended 4 race meetings since June and I've absolutely loved every one of them. Safe to say that I've developed a huge need for speed!! :lol:
Happy to go halves on entry fees & fuel, and travelling isn't an issue for me as I live fairly centrally in the country.
I'm lucky enough to work with Paul Woodhead who has given me lots of advice and pointers, which has helped me get to the stage where I can now compete!

I've got my rookie vest, ACU licence and all the gear, so if anyone has a vacancy for a keen passenger please feel free to drop me a message! :D

My experience so far:

June: Cadwell Sidecar Revival
This was when I had my first taxi ride; I got 2 laps with Andy Peach (I didn't work any corners as I had no clue how to move at this point) and this is where I contracted the bug!

August: Snetterton 200
This was my first full race meeting at which I was fortunate enough to get several practice sessions on the test day. I had 5 laps with Jon Restall, 5 laps with Carol Macbride and another 5 laps with Paul Jeffery. I worked all of the corners this time and got valuable feedback from the drivers.

September: Pembrey
Again on the test day, I got 8 laps with Carol Macbride in the first session and 5 laps with Nick Webb in the 4th. I was much more confident this time round. I also got introduced to Ken Edwards at this meet, who gave me some great advice and tips which helped me no end!

October: Brands Hatch Indy
I got taxi rides on both the Saturday and Sunday on this meet, where I worked the corners again as by this time I had a good idea of what I was doing. I had a total of 7 laps with Bill Philps on the Saturday in the wet. This was my first time out in the wet (and I'm talking WET) so it was bit scary at first but I soon settled into it! On the Sunday it was near perfect conditions and I got 4 laps with Jon "the Rev" Bicknell, who said I felt great!

So, in summary, if any of the above makes you think we'd make a good team, or you know of anyone who may be interested, reply on here, message me or even email me on GWSlater96@gmail.com

Looking forward to hearing from you! :D
GSlater13
In Collection Area
D/P/T/M/S: Passenger
Full Name: George Slater

Re: Rookie passenger seeking team mate Bemsee 2019

Unread post by GSlater13 »

Hi guys,

Thank you all for the interest! I'm all sorted for next season now, hopefully see you out there and/or in the paddock!

Happy new year! :D