Tom Cruise to be replaced as Jack Reacher

Loads of stuff, about all sorts including congrats. Join in. Relax.
The Racing stuff goes on elsewhere mostly..
steve-e
Site Admin
D/P/T/M/S: resting Passenger
Full Name: Steve English
Skype contact: steveenglish.com
Twitter: @steveinmarden

Tom Cruise to be replaced as Jack Reacher

Unread post by steve-e »

Personally I think that's the right move. Jack Reacher's supposed to be 6ft5 and a big bloke. Tom did a great job of getting into the character but I think he just couldn't pull off being nearly a foot taller than he is.

Action hero Jack Reacher is to get a reboot for the small screen with a new actor in the lead role after creator Lee Child admitted Tom Cruise, who played him in two films, is too short.

In Child's books, Reacher is described as 6ft 5in tall with hands the size of dinner plates. Cruise is 5ft 7in.

"Cruise, for all his talent, didn't have that physicality," Child told BBC Radio Manchester's Mike Sweeney.

The author said a deal was signed last week to make a new streaming show.

Readers had complained about Cruise's suitability to play the imposing former major in the US military police since his casting was announced in 2011.

"I really enjoyed working with Cruise. He's a really, really nice guy. We had a lot of fun," Child told the station.

"But ultimately the readers are right. The size of Reacher is really, really important and it's a big component of who he is.

READ MORE...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-46207601
IF YOU'VE FORGOTTEN YOUR LOGIN EMAIL ME, WE ARE GOING BACK TO BEING LOGGED IN TO READ.
steve@steveenglish.com subject:login and whatever details you remember
Ali
Sniffing a Victory
D/P/T/M/S: S

Re: Tom Cruise to be replaced as Jack Reacher

Unread post by Ali »

so bad you had to say it twice :raspberry:
If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours :D