Fundraising for Smiley Riley

Loads of stuff, about all sorts including congrats. Join in. Relax.
The Racing stuff goes on elsewhere mostly..
Helen Gibson
Sniffing a Victory
D/P/T/M/S: Passenger (ret'd)
Full Name: Helen Gibson

Fundraising for Smiley Riley

Unread post by Helen Gibson »

https://www.facebook.com/events/1272000166188813/
Hi, my name is Helen Gibson and I need your help.
Motorcycle racing, and sidecars in particular have given me so much more than I can ever repay, but I have a small opportunity to do a little bit…
In the course of supporting new sidecar competitors in the TT races, I met Dean Banks and his fantastic family. They truly are remarkable, and what they do for others is awesome..ask any of the young people they have fostered.
A little over a year ago, they had wonderful happy news, when Dean and Janey’s daughter Naomi, gave birth to triplets.. a sister, Bethany and 2 brothers, Oscar and Riley, for Toby, and cousins for son Scott’s little boy, Bobby.
A matter of a few short months later they were all devastated to find that Riley has Extra Renal Rhabdoid cancer. This is a rare and very aggressive form of the disease. Treatment is by very unpleasant intensive chemotherapy, which seems to be working, but needs to be followed by proton therapy, which accurately targets any remaining cancerous cells, and can eradicate the tumours in many cases. This latter treatment is not available in the UK, and the cost of getting Riley to a centre which does it, keeping him and family members there, and paying for the treatment itself, will be up to £150,000.
So far we have raised nearly £50k… but that was the easy bit.
SO… Riley has lost all his hair, his eyebrows even. I have very long hair… it has taken 4 years to grow this long from a previous cut..
On Sunday June 4th in the Manor pub (the nearest one to the TT Grandstand), I will have it all cut off. The long hair will go to the Little Princess trust which makes wigs for children who have lost their hair due to cancer treatment, and then Jenny Bennett, (TT driver Karl Bennett’s long suffering wife) will shave my head..
What’s this got to do with you?
I WANT YOUR MONEY!
rileyclay@yahoo.com is the Paypal address… get paying now..

If you are in the Isle of Man at TT time, please come on Mad Sunday… stay away from the mountain… it’ll be closed half the time because of incidents and I don’t want any of you involved! We’ll have some TT competitors there, there’ll be a raffle, beer, good company, live Facebook coverage of the haircut, beer.. possibly more beer..
Happiness is three-wheeled.
Welsh Daph
Sniffing a Victory
Full Name: Daphne Smith

Re: Fundraising for Smiley Riley

Unread post by Welsh Daph »

Hi Helen, I will send £10 over with John :wink: Well done you :notworthy:
Hey! hang on a minute . . .
Helen Gibson
Sniffing a Victory
Full Name: Helen Gibson

Unread post by Helen Gibson »

Thank you. He's an amazing little fella.. I love him to bits (and all the rest of his magic family.)
Happiness is three-wheeled.
Ecosse Lynx
On the Starting Grid
D/P/T/M/S: T
Full Name: John Hill
Skype contact: ecoss_lynx

Unread post by Ecosse Lynx »

Sent Helen
Helen Gibson
Sniffing a Victory