Ken Hull

Classic and Vintage outfit discussion, including Where are they now, the people hunter.
Yangi
One Lap Completed

Ken Hull

Unread post by Yangi »

Looking at the Cadwell Park Page on FB, Ken Hull, and Mick Barton came up in pics on the Parks of Lewisham/Yatohf Hondas of the Mid 70's :) I remember 3 Outfits, and a Big Coach - and Possibly they were later Sponsored by Mercury Despatch and all Orange?? - Somebody please confirm that my memory is still ok!!! LOL

Also, started question about Ken Hull. Did Ken Run a Triumph Pre-Unit that was laid flat to lower GC called the Kitten?? I have one arm in my Anorak - would like to get BOTH arms back in!!! :D
ianw
Opposite Lock Through the Chicanes

Re: Ken Hull

Unread post by ianw »

Hi yangi, the Kitten chassis & I think also, the Cougar??? chassis were built by Mike Fidderman. If my memory serves me right, the Kitten chassis had the engine nearly flat but the Cougar had the engine leaning really forwards.
Years ago I had a broucher with pics of the outfits in, well gone now. Someone on here may still have a broucher.
petercaughlin
Throttle on the Stop

Unread post by petercaughlin »

As a resident of Lewisham I used Parks for bits for my Goldie,I also remember going by one day and seeing 2 Honda outfits, but they were powered by the flat Goldwing engines,they were all lined up on the pavement I presume for publicity shots,often wondered whatever happened to them
p.a.caughlin
mervnoble
Setting the Fastest Lap
D/P/T/M/S: Driver
Full Name: Merv Noble

Unread post by mervnoble »

Yangi wrote:Looking at the Cadwell Park Page on FB, Ken Hull, and Mick Barton came up in pics on the Parks of Lewisham/Yatohf Hondas of the Mid 70's :) I remember 3 Outfits, and a Big Coach - and Possibly they were later Sponsored by Mercury Despatch and all Orange?? - Somebody please confirm that my memory is still ok!!! LOL

Also, started question about Ken Hull. Did Ken Run a Triumph Pre-Unit that was laid flat to lower GC called the Kitten?? I have one arm in my Anorak - would like to get BOTH arms back in!!! :D
Ian, see my reply on that FB page
Anyhow since 1957
ianw
Opposite Lock Through the Chicanes

Unread post by ianw »

Ian, I'm not sure if I'm right, but I seem to remember that the outfits built by Mike Fidderman were,
The Cougar was made for a 650cc Triumph engine & the Kitten was made for a 500cc Triumph engine???