The SideCar Show Presented by SlowPhil.

For Results,please see the timekeeper's office next door! To register, click the link in the top right corner.
steve-e
Site Admin
D/P/T/M/S: resting Passenger
Full Name: Steve English
Skype contact: steveenglish.com
Twitter: @steveinmarden

Re: The SideCar Show Presented by SlowPhil.

Unread post by steve-e »

Tis on there now 8-)
IF YOU'VE FORGOTTEN YOUR LOGIN EMAIL ME, WE ARE GOING BACK TO BEING LOGGED IN TO READ.
steve@steveenglish.com subject:login and whatever details you remember
SlowPhil
Throttle on the Stop
D/P/T/M/S: almost a driver
Full Name: phil jones

Unread post by SlowPhil »

Thanks man. Do you fancy a BEARs try out on the 28th of this month at Cadwell? Free and no licence required!!!! :notworthy:
Worked all week, it's time to play gonna get a little bit sideways!!!!
SlowPhil
Throttle on the Stop

Show 32, Craig Chaplow EAide Motor Sport Launch :notworthy: .

A great day last weekend in Brignorth with interviews and insights from my neighbour Mr Craig Chaplow. Lessons here for any body looking to attract sponsors, it is after all not just what you can do on the circuit. Craig reminded me that modern sponsors require value for money and feedback to feel that their investment is justified.

Interviews with TV’s Barry Nutley :notworthy: (himself an ex SideCar motor cross driver and passenger). Glennis Toms :notworthy: , team principle and our man Richard Rollings :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
SlowPhil
Throttle on the Stop

This weeks show will not be available until Sunday due to that stupid bike I'm building!!! :lol:
SlowPhil
Throttle on the Stop

Show 33, Terry Windle part two.

Some more great stories and anecdotes from Terry. This has been a bit of a rush job due to the pressure of being me. There will be a further part to this series later in the year.

Thanks again to Terry.
SlowPhil
Throttle on the Stop

Show34: The BEARs open day at Cadwell Park.

This show from my favourite track featuring a host of ‘old hand racers and a few newbies.

My new passenger Lady SideCar and I try our hands and feet at ‘big Wheel’ racing, simple it isn’t!

Some great laughs and a real change from the pressure of more conventional racing. The BEARs series is going to be so different to any other form of racing that I have ever done………….these bikes have electric start and every thing.

A big thank you to David Sykes for sorting this with the BHR and VMCC

First round next week end at Anglesey, come and see Lady SideCar (Claire Duplock) and I doing our best to keep out of trouble!!
SlowPhil
Throttle on the Stop

Show 35: Victory at ‘The mother of Wales’!

After the titanic struggle to build the bike and simultaneously stay alive with very little sleep. I was awarded two first places on the first day at Anglesey, the first races in the world for this class. Mostly, to be fair because John Lorriman’s bike was misbehaving.

With interviews from top competitors at the VMCC, my thanks as always to everyone who made this weekend possible including my friend and boss Eddie Rawlinson and his lovely wife Kath for allowing me to build the bike on their premises.

The bike though broken in the last race, along with John’s bike (with the same fault!) will be back out at our Three Sisters meeting on the 10/11 of May. I hope to see you all there!

This project has not yet hit £1000!!!
Jim Sinnott
Lapping the Tail Enders

Unread post by Jim Sinnott »

Phil, are you boys racing at Cadwell this year
SlowPhil
Throttle on the Stop

Jim Sinnott wrote:Phil, are you boys racing at Cadwell this year
Hey Jim, we are there 27/28 September so hopefully it will be wet :lol:
SlowPhil
Throttle on the Stop

Show36, A spring day at Darley Moor.

Show36, A spring day at Darley Moor.

If you have never seen a ‘heath Robinson’ invention and fancy a look well just watch me load and unload the BEARs on and off the trailer, ramp down, ride bike up to the back of the trailer, trailer tips up, ride a bit further, stop engine in gear. Pull trailer hitch down and ride bike to the headboard, its hilarious!! I had ‘help’ at Darley but on my own I just cant stop laughing!

The bike wouldn’t steer at Anglesey and I had to reduce the trail with the help of my mate Jem Richards of JEMX Remedies (http://www.jemxremediesengineering.co.uk/) . Jem was my first choice to weld the yokes of the beemer and between us the job was soon rattled of with super safe ‘first class’ welding. (if you ever need to weld any structural aluminium or aluminium alloys, please let me help).

I called Eddie Nelson and Dean Banks just to see if they thought it would be safe to run a very much slower BEARs in the Darley Moor open and F2 SideCars, the both said that they wanted us and the new class there!

With interviews from Eddie himself, F2 champ Dean Banks, ‘The Chainsaw and the one and only ‘InkyAnn’ Garnish. This ones a bit packed!

This show should be available from tomorrow (Thursday 23.04.14) night.

http://www.steveenglish.com/index.php/272

Stay safe kids

SP
steve-e
Site Admin
D/P/T/M/S: resting Passenger
Full Name: Steve English
Skype contact: steveenglish.com
Twitter: @steveinmarden

Unread post by steve-e »

It's in the dropbox, I know that cos my connection slowed about an hour ago :D Will get it uploaded on works' connection in the morning :D
IF YOU'VE FORGOTTEN YOUR LOGIN EMAIL ME, WE ARE GOING BACK TO BEING LOGGED IN TO READ.
steve@steveenglish.com subject:login and whatever details you remember
SlowPhil
Throttle on the Stop

steve-e wrote:It's in the dropbox, I know that cos my connection slowed about an hour ago :D Will get it uploaded on works' connection in the morning :D

'Bang tidy' as we say in the old country :lol:
SlowPhil
Throttle on the Stop

SHOW37 STEVE WEBSTER, JUST A CHAT.

In Easingwold North Yorkshire I meet up to sound out a man who I’ve known by reputation for thirty years. Below you’ll see what it says about this man from the LCR web site.

Steve Webster M.B.E. - The British Master of Sidecar Racing

Introduction

Steve Webster is undoubtedly one of the greatest all-time sidecar racers but unfortunately his efforts go un-noticed to many as the sport is not publicised as much as it should be. However, you don't get an M.B.E. for nothing. Well done Steve for your achievements in the industry and keep up the good work.

Team Castrol Suzuki’s sidecar racing legend Steve Webster M.B.E. has announced his immediate retirement from the sport. Amid emotional scenes at the Circuit van Drenthe at Assen, Holland on Sunday, the ten time World Champion announced he was going to hang up his leathers and helmet for good.

His decision calls to an end a magnificent and unparalleled record-breaking career that has seen him rise from a 19-year-old club racer to the most successful sidecar racer in the history of the FIM World Championships.

Steve 'Webbo' Webster MBE won 62 World Championship races on the way to collecting 10 World Titles in a career spanning 25 years from novice rider to the undisputed king of 3-wheels.

Steve has agreed to do one of my memoir shows that will probably be over three episodes and I’m really looking forward to making that show and meeting up with this giant again soon.

I have had a few questions from listeners and I will put them to the man in due course but if you have anything that you want to ask Steve please call me on:07730784975 at any time. In the mean time please listen to this one!
SlowPhil
Throttle on the Stop

Show38. An off the cuff memoir show with Frodsham’s own ‘Smu

Imagine the scene: I’ve arranged to meet Smudge over the phone and I’d never been to his house before, getting close I see a truck with ‘SdeCar Team’ written on it, so I call him to tell him that I’m outside and he says ‘no your not your outside my mates house’. I did laugh………….

He’s a great lad and we had a super chat, I’m looking forward to meeting and talking again with him and others from the F350 grid. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
SlowPhil
Throttle on the Stop

Show 39 Featuring antics from the Vmcc races at Three sisters and a chat with ‘Love birds’ Karen and Geoff Gamble.

I’ve never liked Three Sisters, I’m just too lazy. Like most tracks in Britain I’ve had a crash or two there and like most of my crashes they were my fault but it’s so twisty and busy. I was dreading racing the big heavy BEARs there but it’s a short season so every point is going to count in this the first season of a brand new class.

My only rival in the championship so far, John Lorriman won three out of four with a jump start on his part handing me one race. We go to the next round at Mallory Park 5-3 to him.

When I’m racing myself its sometimes difficult to fit in the interviews that I want and this time two of the folk I wanted to talk to cried off. But as luck would have it I ended up with a truly heart warming story about love, dogs and SideCar racing!
Last edited by SlowPhil on Fri May 16, 2014 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.