URGENT PLEA!!! THIS IS SERIOUS

Classic and Vintage outfit discussion, including Where are they now, the people hunter.
Triplebrew
Sniffing a Victory
D/P/T/M/S: Ballast
Full Name: Ian Tapsell

URGENT PLEA!!! THIS IS SERIOUS

Unread post by Triplebrew »

OK people this is getting bad. I have just heard that the CRMC will NOT run ANY sidecar races at the Donington meeting in June unless 20 outfits have physically entered by Thursday of this week. What will happen beyond this is anybodies guess but either way is not good for either the club or sidecar racing. :(
2011 MR Equipe Trident

It's A Triple Thing!

http://www.triplebrewracing.co.uk"

To finish first, first you must finish.
petercaughlin
Throttle on the Stop

Re: URGENT PLEA!!! THIS IS SERIOUS

Unread post by petercaughlin »

Maybe if they lowered the costs and gave us decent races(not 4/5 lap) sprints then some of us would come out to play again,mind you you`ve still got to put up with the Anti Christ Union,altogether things dont look too good,

sapea falso nun quam dubie
p.a.caughlin
Triplebrew
Sniffing a Victory

Pete they have lowered the price as we now pay the same entry fee as the solos. Race wise we get the same number of laps as the solos and looking at most of the other clubs it is pretty much on a par too.
2011 MR Equipe Trident

It's A Triple Thing!

petercaughlin
Throttle on the Stop

OK might see whats afoot upon my return from the sceptered isle(mann that is)
are you going to Chimay,its a blinder this year on the old 10km circuit and only 130 euros..

Pete
p.a.caughlin
Triplebrew
Sniffing a Victory

Will be going but not racing as still not got a National licence and very much touch and go as to wether bike will be ready or not.
2011 MR Equipe Trident

It's A Triple Thing!

Simon Smith
Throttle on the Stop
D/P/T/M/S: Driver
Full Name: Simon Smith
Twitter: @simonsmithno92

Unread post by Simon Smith »

I am trying very hard to get my outfit ready but I am reluctant to put a race entry in until I have tested it.

We have spent many £,000's so far to get an outfit ready for the CRMC series so I hope they don't cancel anything.
Simon Smith
Throttle on the Stop
Full Name: Simon Smith
Twitter: @simonsmithno92

Unread post by Simon Smith »

Race entry is now sent off.

If anybody has a classic outfit they are not going to use again please sell it!
sidecar 151
Scything Through The Field
Full Name: Rob Cameron

Unread post by sidecar 151 »

Hiya Trips,
This situation was always going to end up happening with CRMC and sidecars.... :roll: :roll:

As many of you know Bludge and myself have not entered any CRMC meetings after the start of their 2007 season and the way we were treated at a VERY DELICATE time with my father being so ill with cancer. I did not bleat this out at the time but it just wasn't on what happened and the way it happened!

I must state that it is ONLY a few bad eggs in the basket! But it is wreckiing a motorcycle club.

Anyway enough of a winge...

We will make the effort and do our best to get there. I will telephone the club up tomorrow.

Looks like a Mallory test day is in order!
Last edited by sidecar 151 on Thu May 29, 2008 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
bludge
Lapping the Tail Enders
D/P/T/M/S: Having a year orf!
Full Name: Andy Bludge Smith
Twitter: andysmith151

Unread post by bludge »

.....and lets not forget, when we say 'the club'.....we are talking of a few individuals who go out of their way to make things difficult... :?

not only us but other sidecar teams too.

If CRMC want better grids then treat people right and you'll get them there....

treat them badly and who wants to bother when there are plenty of vintage meets to attend as well as those in europe.....(& trials!!) 8-)

so what if there are certain teams you're not keen on.....but hey......lets not loose sidecars from a club because of it :shock:

i would love to 'doo donnington'.....i'd like to think we will be there 8-)
Millie ~ You're a spoilt brat Alice!

Alice (upset) ~ I am not a boiled sprout!!! :)

www.honeypotcottages.co.uk
petercaughlin
Throttle on the Stop

You`re right,a lot of gripes are the way the sidecaristi are treated,lets face it if they are going to cut a race out or shorten it it will always be the sidecars,the joke is though if you ask most people whats the most enjoyment at a classic meeting most will say " sidecars".

Remember the only thing money cant buy is "poverty"
p.a.caughlin
Bob B
Smashed all the Records
D/P/T/M/S: BTDTGTTS
Full Name: Bob Bird
Skype contact: janebob47210
Twitter: Sod Twitter, banned

Unread post by Bob B »

Jane and I used to get really ticked off being treated like second class citizens :roll:

All solved now - don't race anymore and have moved to France :beer: :spin: :raspberry: :partyhat: [wave.gif]
It is true about the sidecar family - you can stop racing but you can never, ever leave!
Triplebrew
Sniffing a Victory

I don't feel that the CRMC treats sidecars particularly badly or any worse that other clubs. The problem is that they are losing their sense of direction and will I feel become the Post Clasic Racing Motorcycle Club due to the current obssesion they have with 1980's Jap solos. When I attended the Burn Up last year the welcome and reception from some was not exactly warm and inviting so either it is not just the CRMC that look down on sidecars or maybe it is me! Time will reveal what direction is taken and indeed my, and no doubt others, racing future will be decided.
2011 MR Equipe Trident

It's A Triple Thing!

Bob B
Smashed all the Records
D/P/T/M/S: BTDTGTTS
Full Name: Bob Bird
Skype contact: janebob47210
Twitter: Sod Twitter, banned

Unread post by Bob B »

Off topic:

How can CRMC have an obsession with 80's solos when the rulings clearly state that the cut off date is 1968 for smokers and 1972 for diesels?

Or, is it a case of that little dispensations have been granted here and there over the years and now these are so many and large that a coach and horses has been driven through the original ideals???

I can well understand why AC and others went on to form HRO and think that there may be soon a time to create a purely Post-Classic (i.e. 1972) club for those who wish to race such things.

I am not bashing CRMC this time but feel that there may have been an excess of vested interests at the helm in recent years.

:offtopic:
It is true about the sidecar family - you can stop racing but you can never, ever leave!
Triplebrew
Sniffing a Victory

Bob B wrote:Off topic:

How can CRMC have an obsession with 80's solos when the rulings clearly state that the cut off date is 1968 for smokers and 1972 for diesels?

Or, is it a case of that little dispensations have been granted here and there over the years and now these are so many and large that a coach and horses has been driven through the original ideals???

I can well understand why AC and others went on to form HRO and think that there may be soon a time to create a purely Post-Classic (i.e. 1972) club for those who wish to race such things.

I am not bashing CRMC this time but feel that there may have been an excess of vested interests at the helm in recent years.

:offtopic:
You tell me? But you only have to attend a race meeting to see it! Grids full of hideous great Jap fours andentire races given to stinky two stroke TZ's, 125 things etc. I know these fill grids BUT the club is alledgedly for CLASSIC machines!
Rant over.............and yes I am upset about it!
2011 MR Equipe Trident

It's A Triple Thing!

ianw
Opposite Lock Through the Chicanes

Unread post by ianw »

It's in danger of going the same ways The Forgotten Era Club went.
In the sidecar class there was a specific ban on the TZ 700 & 750's.
The rules were changed to let them in mainly because the grids were falling & some felt that letting them in would boost the size of the grid. WRONG! Why would a guy with a period Triumph outfit want to enter a race where he was up against a TZ 750??? Fo a start he would get lapped about 3 time by the TZ.
I started my racing when the TZ's were first comming on the scene, if you didn't have a TZ you were going backwards.
The Forgotten Era class is dead & to all intents so is the now called Post Classic Class, the Classic club need to be very carefull because they run the risk of going the same way.