CRMC Honda Capacity Limit GOING GOING Almost GONE

Classic and Vintage outfit discussion, including Where are they now, the people hunter.
Setting the Fastest Lap
D/P/T/M/S: gofor
Skype contact: JRS RACING

Re: CRMC Honda Capacity Limit GOING GOING Almost GONE

Unread post by 666 »

Dave, The Camathius Cup is a celebration of the man and the period, your last paragraph has backed up exactly what i said in a previous post. Ian,I have used teflon buttons in the past but I was showing Steve the pistons and barrels as I think that using teflon buttons to support oil control rings is not good practice also the closeness of stud holes to bores. these items are not mine, I would not try to get one out to that size with all the probs that would come with it. we are currently building a new chassis and will use a 1000cc BM.
kew
Lapping the Tail Enders
D/P/T/M/S: driver
Full Name: Keith Walters

Unread post by kew »

Don't get me wrong everyone, I have enjoyed racing in the Camathius cup this year and I will be racing in the same series next year. I'm not bothered about the mega money bikes because there are enough of us on other kit to have good close racing. If I can just lose about 8 stone I will be almost on a par with some of the others.
I took the shell off my racing snail thinking it would make him faster.
It just made him more sluggish.
dick tapken
Lapping the Tail Enders

Unread post by dick tapken »

good on yer keith me and our tom at 36 stone together mean's unless we get a 3litre motor we will not be mixing it with the front runner's lol
Sideslip
Scything Through The Field
D/P/T/M/S: Ex driver F2

Unread post by Sideslip »

dick tapken wrote:good on yer keith me and our tom at 36 stone together mean's unless we get a 3litre motor we will not be mixing it with the front runner's lol
So, Tom's put on a bit of weight since 1996 then? :lol:
Older - but none the wiser
mrequipe
Lapping the Tail Enders
D/P/T/M/S: driver / manufacture
Full Name: mike richards

Unread post by mrequipe »

Re floating discs, the bike recently posted for sale on here in other bikes, Windle F2 discs !
http://www.mrequipe.net

M R Equipe the choice of Classic Sidecar Champions

19 Championship Wins in European / British Classics and F2 class.

Classics are the future
Kieran Clarke
D/P/T/M/S: Passenger
Full Name: Kieran Clarke
Twitter: Mogli_9

Unread post by Kieran Clarke »

That bike has some good ideas on it Mike.
The CRMC rules say no floating discs.
There are bikes out there with floating discs?

I asked Ian Johnson why were they acceptable and his answer was no modern type floating discs.

John Simper told me that he had floating discs in the 60s.

Now what is a modern floating disc?
Last edited by Kieran Clarke on Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mogli - Team Eddys - http://www.eddys-moto.co.uk
Kieran Clarke

If the club allows you to be able to achieve as much power as you can. Surely it would be far more safe to be able to stop the things as well. We may all end up with floating vented discs in 2017. Who knows
dick tapken
Lapping the Tail Enders

Unread post by dick tapken »

come on kieran ,how long you been doing it ,you should know that if it dos'nt suit the certain few nothing can change ,but if it suit's them it can ,it's called closed shop !!
Setting the Fastest Lap
D/P/T/M/S: gofor
Skype contact: JRS RACING

Unread post by 666 »

Kieran, What looks like floating disc's on the Imp which is for sale are not floating although they look like it, It was built by Stuart Digby around 97 98. What look like modern bobbins are in fact shoulder bolts which when tightend they put only a light pressure on the disc allowing radial expansion and contraction without the possibility of coning the disc. The type I spoke of were used in the 60s which are simply 6 drive dogs bolted to the hub through holes in the disc to give some clearance. Please see the picture in one of my previous post's
Kieran Clarke

Ah I see John. I've found the eligibility form from this year. No modern style floating discs. So I am guessing that if you cant see a Bobbin you can float all you like?
Perhaps we all should revisit our eligibility and fill out a fresh form because the 2015 form didn't say that on it.
Attachments
no flaoting disc.png
oldbelly
Opposite Lock Through the Chicanes
Full Name: Geoff Bell

Unread post by oldbelly »

Whatever the pros and cons are in the Classic Sidecar scene most must be happy. Theres no other class with such huge grids.
jdaley
On the Starting Grid
Full Name: John Daley

Unread post by jdaley »

I have been out of circulation for a while, and have just noticed this topic, in Victoria , Australia, when I was the secretary of the HMRAV historic racing I propped a special class of 836cc to encourage new entrants to sidecars, even though the bigger engined machines were competing. We established a range of trophies to suit and it worked well in getting more machines on the track.
John Daley
Sidecar racer
Bendigo, Australia
MikeB
D/P/T/M/S: Driver
Full Name: Mike Bellaby

Unread post by MikeB »

[quoteWhatever the pros and cons are in the Classic Sidecar scene most must be happy. Theres no other class with such huge grids.][/quote]

Exactly....... get your entries in good n early for the 2017 season or you'll be on a reserve list. Options of both the UK (CRMC & BHR) and European (Camathias Cup) championships with a whole range of road and circuits to attend and chuck in the IoM Pre TT, gives the biggest variety of places to race. And for all the critics and cynics its some of the most enjoyable/hard racing to be had.
Oh and for the real gluttens there is the Czech TT at Horice the weekend after Gedinne.

That'll be on a Dave Cheeseman Windle with a Moorespeed 1070, racing against IMPs (that win at 998cc) , BMWs, Guzzis, Hondas, Weslakes, BSAs and whoever else gets themselves onto the grid.... Can't wait :D