PEMBREY PRACTICE

Classic and Vintage outfit discussion, including Where are they now, the people hunter.
jan71
Fired Up

PEMBREY PRACTICE

Unread post by jan71 »

Help - Ive spoken to Pembrey Circuit and they need 10 outfits to justify running practice for us, come on lads anyone interested. Personally I'm buggered coz I have'nt had a chance to run the bike yet. It seems they were only prepared to run 2 sessions for sidecars, 1/2 hour in the morning and afternoon respectively!!!

I don't believe they can justify £70 or even £90 as suggested, I think we'll be able to negotiate for a discount of some kind.

If any one is interested I am happy to phone them back to book people in , they do not need payments just names and addresses.

Come on guys and girls....

I've practiced there in the past with only three outfits, so I don't believe the numbers are such an issue, but they seemed concerned as they already have 80 solos booked in.

just let me know and I'll try and sort it out.

Cheers

Jan.
Triplebrew
Sniffing a Victory
D/P/T/M/S: Ballast
Full Name: Ian Tapsell

Unread post by Triplebrew »

Jan, we tried this and got no where! The circuit would not budge on price and the lack of response from the other crews was just as lacking. At this time there are only 12 entered for the meeting.

We are in a similar boat with an engine to run in but have elected to pay a far more realistic £47 to Mallory for tomorrow afternoons testing. Odd that they have no minimum number to run 10 min sessions every hour. Are Pembrey and Mallory not owned by the same people?

It is so frustrating that our class is in danger of dying and it seems those involved, with the exception of a couple, are it seems happy to let this be the case.

Come and have a beer with us at Pembrey - we have packed plenty of Belgian beer!
2011 MR Equipe Trident

It's A Triple Thing!

http://www.triplebrewracing.co.uk"

To finish first, first you must finish.
ezyamf2

Unread post by ezyamf2 »

not only are the entries dear try sourcing a competitive bike without paying telephone numbers for it i tryed and went back to the f2
teampastit
Lapping the Tail Enders
D/P/T/M/S: retired

Unread post by teampastit »

What you need is our Royal Enfield bigwheel racing outfit Eroll (Spelling) ;) ;) such fun and road legal as well ;) you can do vintage and classic with it it's pre 58 then go to the shop on it .put all your booze on the platform :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Image
petercaughlin
Throttle on the Stop

classic outfits/lack of?

Unread post by petercaughlin »

:( :( Interesting to read about lack of entries,possibly various reasons but in the main sidecars have always been treated like 2nd class citizens,invariably the last race,or cancelled races if the organisers have a problem,but in the main I too believe its cost,I live in deepest Dorset,its 194 miles to Mallory,so I send off my £100 plus entry fee,get 2, 5 lap races and a 3 lap practice and thats it,for less money I can cross the pond to a place where they really love sidecars,get a weekends riding,great social atmosphere,treated like a lord and the big bonus no Bloody ACU,there are plenty of sidecar racers out there but are fed up with the way the sun shines out of the solo`s exhaust valve.
Sorry to go on,P.S.I dont mind push starts,I`m younger than that old sod Etheridge....

saepe falso nun quam dubie.
p.a.caughlin
richard
Scything Through The Field

Unread post by richard »

well done Dennis for keeping to your word but were are the rest, so many said they will race if clutch starts came back ,but it is as they say dont do as I do do as I say, There is a very big worry that this may be the last season as the c.r.m.c. will stop racing sidecars if they dont pay there way and fill the space with a solo race, Just a few outfits make all the difference to costing a race or put it another way who wants to see a few outfits in a race. come on fill the grid and put on a show
sidecar 151
Scything Through The Field
D/P/T/M/S: Driver
Full Name: Rob Cameron

pembrey practice

Unread post by sidecar 151 »

Well said Richard,

Where are all the teams that said if the push start rule were to end and go back to clutch starts that they would enter the CRMC races ?

Maybe there are still teams with unfinished outfits. Ours is on its wheels but has not been run up yet. It will be tomorrow....

To answer the original thread Pembrey Practice £90 full day and £70 half a day. And they are surprised no-one is interested :? :? Does'nt take the Brain of Britain to answer that one :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well done Den and Christine, it will be great to see you back out after all your hospital trips last year...