350 TZ engine rebuilt

For Results,please see the timekeeper's office next door! To register, click the link in the top right corner.
claudeside
In Collection Area
D/P/T/M/S: driver

350 TZ engine rebuilt

Unread post by claudeside »

Hello
New member on this interesting forum, I thing it coud be the right place to find some effective help…
I’m Claude living near Clermont ferrand in France, head office of the Michelin tyres factory (who has never supply only one tyre for sidecars)
In the eighties, I was racing a sidecar with a Yamaha TZ 350 engine in France. To fit this one I bought at Padgett’s a complete Motoplat ignition with one retarder system. I still have the voucher dated 15/04/1989 .
With the parts I received 3 leaflets about the ignition but nothing about the retarder system.
So, I put the ignition on my engine and I run about four hundred miles with it. But health problems stop me in racing.
Today I have still my sidecar and all the parts and I would like to have fun again and try the retarder… But please can someone say me how connect it properly please… ?? Same question about fixing a contact breaker…
On the pictures you can see that the stator has four wires. I suppose that the 2 going up blue and black are for the left cylinder and 2 others for the right one
On the upper coil I connect blue wire on the left (large spade connector) and black wire on the right… etc for the second coil with other wires. The very small spade connector on the bottom coil is to connect the rev counter (scitsu bought the same year)
On the retarder (small black box with 8 wires ), I suppose that the 4 centre wires are from ignition and 2 X 2 others are going to the coils… ??? Is it right please ???
As it’s essential in France rules, I must add a contact breaker. But how connect it ??? Will I choose an opening contact beaker or a closing one ??
I have ask to Padgett’s but nobody working there today is able to answer to me
Thanking you in advance for your help, yours sincerely
Claude
Hello
New member on this interesting forum, I thing it coud be the right place to find some effective help…
I’m Claude living near Clermont ferrand in France, head office of the Michelin tyres factory (who has never supply only one tyre for sidecars)
In the eighties, I was racing a sidecar with a Yamaha TZ 350 engine in France. To fit this one I bought at Padgett’s a complete Motoplat ignition with one retarder system. I still have the voucher dated 15/04/1989 .
With the parts I received 3 leaflets about the ignition but nothing about the retarder system.
So, I put the ignition on my engine and I run about four hundred miles with it. But health problems stop me in racing.
Today I have still my sidecar and all the parts and I would like to have fun again and try the retarder… But please can someone say me how connect it properly please… ?? Same question about fixing a contact breaker…
On the pictures you can see that the stator has four wires. I suppose that the 2 going up blue and black are for the left cylinder and 2 others for the right one
On the upper coil I connect blue wire on the left (large spade connector) and black wire on the right… etc for the second coil with other wires. The very small spade connector on the bottom coil is to connect the rev counter (scitsu bought the same year)
On the retarder (small black box with 8 wires ), I suppose that the 4 centre wires are from ignition and 2 X 2 others are going to the coils… ??? Is it right please ???
As it’s essential in France rules, I must add a contact breaker. But how connect it ??? Will I choose an opening contact beaker or a closing one ??
I have ask to Padgett’s but nobody working there today is able to answer to me
Thanking you in advance for your help, yours sincerely
Claude
claudeside
In Collection Area
D/P/T/M/S: driver

Re: 350 TZ engine rebuilt

Unread post by claudeside »

Hi
I had add some pictures correponding to my text but...
hope this time will be the right ons
good evening
Claude
Attachments
side en 1986.jpg
side en 1986.jpg (62.52 KiB) Viewed 13300 times
IMG_20231203_114334.jpg
IMG_20231203_114334.jpg (1.04 MiB) Viewed 13300 times
IMG_20231203_114147_1.jpg
IMG_20231203_114147_1.jpg (639.28 KiB) Viewed 13300 times
IMG_20231203_164628.jpg
IMG_20231203_164628.jpg (810.89 KiB) Viewed 13300 times