now the laptop has packed up

Loads of stuff, about all sorts including congrats. Join in. Relax.
The Racing stuff goes on elsewhere mostly..
steve-e
Site Admin
D/P/T/M/S: resting Passenger
Full Name: Steve English
Skype contact: steveenglish.com
Twitter: @steveinmarden

now the laptop has packed up

Unread post by steve-e »

I've got the internet set up being fixed this week, got the site sorted.. and now my laptop has blue screened.

In the words of blackadder "The devil farts in my face once more". Luckily I do have my old laptop from about 4 years ago, it still works but being a 17" screen it's the size of a dinner table :mrgreen: and all the passwords saved on it are out of date. Everything on it needs updating.. it's a great life :P
IF YOU'VE FORGOTTEN YOUR LOGIN EMAIL ME, WE ARE GOING BACK TO BEING LOGGED IN TO READ.
steve@steveenglish.com subject:login and whatever details you remember
Dan
Lapping the Tail Enders
D/P/T/M/S: Driver - injured

Re: now the laptop has packed up

Unread post by Dan »

You are not fooling us Steve, we know you enjoy sorting out computer problems [azz.gif] [brick.gif] [throwcomputer.gif]
Proud and honoured to be a member of Team Past It.
With age comes wisdom, maturity and responsibility.............unless you race sidecars !
steve-e
Site Admin

Unread post by steve-e »

One recovery stick borrowed out of works' datalogger and it works again. Brilliant! :D
IF YOU'VE FORGOTTEN YOUR LOGIN EMAIL ME, WE ARE GOING BACK TO BEING LOGGED IN TO READ.
Dan
Lapping the Tail Enders
D/P/T/M/S: Driver - injured

Unread post by Dan »

I was going to suggest trying that Steve, but thought it was so simple you would have already tried it :thumbup:

PS. What's a recovery stick? :? .......and a datalogger :roll:

PPS. Don't tell me, I have worked it out. A recovery stick is a stick that recovers things and a datalogger is a logger that logs data . I bet I am right aren't I :trophy:
Proud and honoured to be a member of Team Past It.
With age comes wisdom, maturity and responsibility.............unless you race sidecars !
steve-e
Site Admin

Unread post by steve-e »

A recovery stick is a Windows thingamy that you plug into your computer when Windows messes up. It has all the basic files on it and can set the computer back up with any files that are missing from the system, or back to a point in the past when you know it worked properly.

A datalogger is just that ;) ours at work have up to 64 channels and can log at up to 200,000 samples a second.. but they run on windows :D

I've got home tonight and not only does my proper laptop work, I've set up my new internet and it works out to be about 40 times faster than it was before - and the website is still working.

YeY!