Minimum weight

For Results,please see the timekeeper's office next door! To register, click the link in the top right corner.
mervnoble
Setting the Fastest Lap
D/P/T/M/S: Driver
Full Name: Merv Noble

Re: Minimum weight

Unread post by mervnoble »

Alun wrote:On the original subject, be careful what you wish for. There isn’t a maximum height for basketball players or a maximum weight for a sumo wrestler. I’m not aware of a minimum rider weight in MotoGP and size is an advantage among some of the leaders. There is a minimum combined bike and rider weight in moto 3 because my son Joe was close to it, but it was very low and only concerned a 4’6” 13 year old rider on a 69Kg bike made of unobtainium. Oddly I’ve come across F1 outfits where weight has been added. There are advantages to being a big and strong rider or passenger, so it’s not all one way.

If an athlete has a natural advantage that is one thing, but there are lots of financial and technical advantages that our sport doesn’t take control of. We don’t limit the number of engines or tyres that can be used or what teams spend. Some of these are controlled in Moto 2, MotoGP and even in nascar.

On a serious note, if you are concerned about a fellow competitor who may be starving themselves to gain a weight advantage, then send them for a consultation in the bar with me Keith and Andy. We’ll sought them out.
Brilliant, love that
Anyhow since 1957
Belly
One Lap Completed
D/P/T/M/S: Driver
Full Name: Phil Bell

Re: Minimum weight

Unread post by Belly »

keesytapper wrote:
Eurocup wrote:Hi
why do you think about TT rules.
They showed with the engine regulation that they dont care about wold championship or national regulations where we try to go tohether to one technical regulation world wide. This is the idea. I dont find TT officials do respect the rest of world wide racing. We tried it allready. The TT wants new records every year, this is what they are looking for.
Bye Eckart far over the wight limmit, but ir is a very good part of the superside idea.
I
Eckart, You know i love you ;-)

But you say you think the TT officials don't do respect the rest of the world wide racing. When the TT officials make the rules they speak to a couple of sidecar teams. And discus the new rules.

And now i want to come to the FIM World championship. 90% of all the teams did not want to go to 600cc. The FIM did not listen to any of the teams. Look what it has done the the World championship. Is that respect? I don't want to go 600cc as i can't afford that. It might finish my racing career before it has even started. I hope to find a sponsor to put a 600cc in my bike. But if i can't find one. Then thats it. And i am blaming the FIM for not listening to us racers from all over the world.

You have showed in the sidecar trophy that 600cc and 1000cc perfectly go together. I have been beaten by Knapton on his F2. That means i need to get my finger out of my ass. And i shouldn't moan about 600 and 1000, big or small bikes. Let us use our bikes and do the sport we love.....

Kees Endeveld.
Well Said Kees.... Lets all listen to the 12 teams racing in the World Championship or lets all race sidecars... No complaints in the RKB British Championship as the current format is working very well :) :)