Tony stark

Classic and Vintage outfit discussion, including Where are they now, the people hunter.
Rblady79
In Collection Area
D/P/T/M/S: Spectator

Tony stark

Unread post by Rblady79 »

Hello all and thankyou for the Add. :D
I'm wondering if anyone might know my Dad, Tony Stark?
I've been looking for him for sometime and know that he used to race up untill reasonably recently .
I would really love to get in contact .
Only information I have is he is probably around the Nottingham/ Derbyshire area and will be in his 70s.
Any information is helpful.
Many many thanks Daniella.
ianw
Opposite Lock Through the Chicanes

Re: Tony stark

Unread post by ianw »

I remember your dad Tony really well. He was one of the front runners in club racing in the early 70's. A hard hard rider. Back then all the top racers of the day would race in club meetings so he was up against the best & up the front.
One meeting comes to mind, it was at Cadwell Park in 1972, I was there as a "youngster" with Kenny & Christine Arthur, Christine was the Entry Secretary for the Cheshire Club at the meeting, Kenny was on the sidecar for Bill Crook. From the start, Bill & Tony were bashing fairings everwhere trying to get the lead, I think Tony got the better & won. But the two of them nearly came to blows in the paddock after the race.
I also remeber a race at Oulton Park, I'm sure Tony's passengers helmet came off while they were leading, Tony carried on racing only to be black flagged.
After I packed in racing, I was at Cadwell Park in 2001 with a mate who was racing, Stu Mellor. While working on Stu's bike a guy came up to me & started asking me loads of questions, we were busy on the bike but I gave him the time of day, he asked me about the curcuit & I told him about it from my experience of Cadwell. It became aparent that he knew the curcuit so that was then when I asked him his name, he said Tony Stark. Wow, nearly 30 years later & I was looking at one of the best racers of the 70's.We reminist for age's & Tony ask'd if I had Bill Crooks phone number, I said that I would ring & give him it to him.
Not long after that, I think your dad went back in to sidecar racing in F2. There must be loads of people on here who know your dad.
I was once in a position similar to you, but was never able to get in contact with the the relative I was looking for. Good luck in tracing Tony.
Rblady79
In Collection Area

Thankyou so much!
You don't know how much it means to me to hear things about him. I havnt seen or heard from him in about 25 years.
Ofcorse I know have a family of my own , who would love to know their Grandad just as much as I would like a Dad for the fist time in forever.
Hearing thoes wonderful stories makes him seem real so thankyou once again.
Daniella
sidecarracing
Setting the Fastest Lap
D/P/T/M/S: Driver
Full Name: John Nienhuis

Unread post by sidecarracing »

Here's a pic:
Attachments
10269628_1082970245086339_6691109935991051658_n.jpg
10269628_1082970245086339_6691109935991051658_n.jpg (102.47 KiB) Viewed 8270 times
sidecarracing
Setting the Fastest Lap

Only after posting the pic I see it's about "the Johnsonian"... I went to see that rolling outfit when it was for sale around the years 1999/2000!
Somewhere in Kent it was.
sidecarracing
Setting the Fastest Lap

Rblady79
In Collection Area

Thankyou for taking the time to find that picture and information. Its so intresting to learn so much about a past I knew nothing about!
ianw
Opposite Lock Through the Chicanes

Unread post by ianw »

Great John, my memory isn't failing yet!!!!
RP
Endangered Species - I watched England win the Soccer World Cup
D/P/T/M/S: Classic driver
Full Name: Roly Pickett
Twitter: rolandpickett

Unread post by RP »

I remember him also. Full marks for attempting to look for him - I have offspring who were turned against me and I was denied access when they were kids - one even died recently and I was told to stay away. I would always advise reconciliation as there is always two sides to every story...
mervnoble
Setting the Fastest Lap
Full Name: Merv Noble

Unread post by mervnoble »

I know Tony, I last spoke to him in Cadwell paddock in I think 2012, he was racing an F2 bike. He lives somewhere around Nottingham.
I bet if you spoke to Steve Broadstock he could tell you more.
Tony is a gent by the way, be very proud.
Anyhow since 1957