2016 FSRA from Pat

For Results,please see the timekeeper's office next door! To register, click the link in the top right corner.
steve-e
Site Admin
D/P/T/M/S: resting Passenger
Full Name: Steve English
Skype contact: steveenglish.com
Twitter: @steveinmarden

2016 FSRA from Pat

Unread post by steve-e »

Download the registration form here...
2016_F2_Registration_form.docx
(106.45 KiB) Downloaded 401 times
2016 ACU/FSRA British F2 Sidecar Championship

Supported by A V Craine & Sons
Lockside Engineering
Yorkshire Engine Supplies

Dates
April 23 Oulton Park Wirral 100
May 7/8 Donington Park NG
June 25/26 Anglesey Wirral 100
July 30/31 Cadwell Park BMCRC
August 27/28 Croft Battle of Britain NEMCRC
October 8/9 Brands Hatch BMCRC

if you know any new team who would like to join the British F2 Sidecar series please ask them to contact me - ( Pat Hamblin)
Look forward to seeing you next season
IF YOU'VE FORGOTTEN YOUR LOGIN EMAIL ME, WE ARE GOING BACK TO BEING LOGGED IN TO READ.
steve@steveenglish.com subject:login and whatever details you remember
ACER
One Lap Completed

Re: 2016 FSRA from Pat

Unread post by ACER »

Why no scottish rounds?
steve-e
Site Admin

Unread post by steve-e »

Factors that go into organising meetings..

Probably cost, availabiliy, viability and previous experience.

(just guessing)
IF YOU'VE FORGOTTEN YOUR LOGIN EMAIL ME, WE ARE GOING BACK TO BEING LOGGED IN TO READ.
mark_d
Smashed all the Records
D/P/T/M/S: Results guru
Full Name: Mark Dennis
Twitter: @MarkDennis2

Unread post by mark_d »

Basically the ACU wont allow it as they arent the governing body in Scotland
Results guru
steve-e
Site Admin

Unread post by steve-e »

I guessed wrong :lol:
Richard Rollings
Throttle on the Stop
D/P/T/M/S: driver/teaboy
Twitter: @madmille

Unread post by Richard Rollings »

mark_d wrote:Basically the ACU wont allow it as they arent the governing body in Scotland
Strange as the British F1 championship goes to Knockhill :?
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
steve-e
Site Admin

Unread post by steve-e »

Is that sponsored by the ACU? I doubt they put anything in but I think they contribute prizemoney to the F2
David Stewart
Scything Through The Field
D/P/T/M/S: Trotskyite
Full Name: David Stewart

Unread post by David Stewart »

The ACU are the governing body in Scotland - as recognised by both the Westminster and Holyrood parliaments.

The SACU is a National Club (in these particular terms the only National Club) and is very much a part of the ACU. The SACU are permitted by the ACU to issue their own licences up to National level, but all FIM licences still have to go through ACU HQ.

The same used to be true of the Maltese and Gibraltan National Clubs, but they had to become fully independent back in 1999 and affiliate directly to the FIM in their own right.

I don't think there would be any objection from the ACU to running a round at Knockhill, but the Road Race Committee leave the calendar arrangements very much in the hands of the FSRA.

The ACU do - and always have - put money into the FSRA F2 Championship, even back when they used to visit East Fortune and/or Knockhill.

So to get an accurate answer to the question "Why no Scottish rounds?" you would have to ask the people who created the calendar - the FSRA.
mervnoble
Setting the Fastest Lap
D/P/T/M/S: Driver
Full Name: Merv Noble

Unread post by mervnoble »

David Stewart wrote:The ACU are the governing body in Scotland - as recognised by both the Westminster and Holyrood parliaments.

The SACU is a National Club (in these particular terms the only National Club) and is very much a part of the ACU. The SACU are permitted by the ACU to issue their own licences up to National level, but all FIM licences still have to go through ACU HQ.

The same used to be true of the Maltese and Gibraltan National Clubs, but they had to become fully independent back in 1999 and affiliate directly to the FIM in their own right.

I don't think there would be any objection from the ACU to running a round at Knockhill, but the Road Race Committee leave the calendar arrangements very much in the hands of the FSRA.

The ACU do - and always have - put money into the FSRA F2 Championship, even back when they used to visit East Fortune and/or Knockhill.

So to get an accurate answer to the question "Why no Scottish rounds?" you would have to ask the people who created the calendar - the FSRA.
Don't hold your breath whilst waiting for an answer.
Anyhow since 1957
ACER
One Lap Completed

Unread post by ACER »

Thankyou Dave Stewart for clarifying that it has nothing to do with the ACU or the SACU. So the question is now put to FSRA "why is scotland not included in the calender.". I also object to it being the British F2 when as i have pointed out we and Nothern Ireland are not included. I await what drivel the FSRA are going to reply with.
steve-e
Site Admin

Unread post by steve-e »

If you just go insulting them I doubt they'll be that motivated to answer.
So it seems my first guess still stands :-)
pat

Unread post by pat »

Before any slagging off the FSRA and you wont have to wait for a reply......I sort the dates for the British F2 Championship on behalf of the ACU who support and have supported the series for many years including allowing the use of the 'British' title I arrange the dates to work in around the TT the Southern 100 and Scarborough meetings and where possible trying to avoid the F1 calendar and now the World series dates which has made the 2016 calendar even more difficult, and before anyone says yes this year there are a couple of clashes I enquired with the ACU about taking in a trip to Scotland but was at that time requested not too! Must admit I have not asked them the question since.
Gordon
On the Starting Grid

Unread post by Gordon »

I have asked this question many times to various fsra commitee members and the answer remains the same every time. Im led to believe that sacu and acu are not best of buddies to put it mildly. East fortune would be more than happy to accomodate F2 Brits so I assume that the acu wont sanction it. Or the fsra dont want to upset one of their long time sponsors and risk loosing their support.
I hereby welcome a reply from relevent parties representatives of Acu Sacu and Fsra. gordonshand@tiscali.co.uk
As for Irish or N.Ireland round I havnt got a clue but im sure it would be a welcome addition to calander. I have to agree tho, that its kind of hard to tell my sponsors that F2 Brit chanps dont come to Scotland.
Gordon Shand
Gordon
On the Starting Grid

Unread post by Gordon »

Thanks pat for that input
Gordon Shand
David Stewart
D/P/T/M/S: Trotskyite
Full Name: David Stewart

Unread post by David Stewart »

Ireland is different as it is not part of Great Britain - it is a part of the UK.

East Fortune has the issue of not having had an MCRCB or ACU permanent course licence in recent times so I do think that taking a round there would come up against certain obstacles at ACU House, but Knockhill does have an MCRCB Track Licence and would not need re-licencing. - It's worth noting that the "British" title belongs to the MCRCB not to the ACU, so an MCRCB Track Licence is more than adequate.

I seriously doubt that the ACU would or could object to a round going to Knockhill as it complies with the above criteria and also falls within the boundaries of the British Governing Body for Motorcycle Sport as defined in Statutory Instrument 1371 (as amended in 1995). Although there are 11 different organisations that are allowed to issue Permits for exemptions from Section 13a of the Road Traffic Act, the ACU is the only body recognised by government as being responsible for motorcycle sport in Great Britain (the MCUI are the body for Northern Ireland).

Incidentally, there is a KMSC meeting on 30-31 July at Knockhill, which obviously didn't lose out due to a date clash, because an FSRA F2 round has been scheduled for that weekend at Cadwell Park.......... Therefore a 5th English round was definately scheduled in preference to a potential Scottish round regardless of what you might say Pat.

For the record, I don't really care much one way or the other, but I much prefer plain speaking to excuses.