Double waved yellow at Bemsee, bulletin

For Results,please see the timekeeper's office next door! To register, click the link in the top right corner.
steve-e
Site Admin
D/P/T/M/S: resting Passenger
Full Name: Steve English
Skype contact: steveenglish.com
Twitter: @steveinmarden

Double waved yellow at Bemsee, bulletin

Unread post by steve-e »

New Yellow Flag Signals.....  

Dear Stephen,

BULLETIN 24-04-23

This is an important Bulletin for all competitors who intend to race with BMCRC now or in the future. Please ensure you read and understand it.

From Round 3 of the 2023 BMCRC/MRO Championships at Snetterton 300, we will be introducing a new flag protocol to further improve safety after an incident occurs. Marshals may now display 2 yellow flags, simultaneously waved at a flag post.

The meaning of this is simple; Double Waved Yellow (two flags) -  Great Danger. There is definitely a significant obstruction of the course or other major issue ahead.

SLOW DOWN SIGNIFICANTLY and BE PREPARED TO STOP.

The obstruction could be a person, a machine or something else. It might mean that competitors(s), marshal(s) and/or bike(s) are on the track surface.

The meaning of the other yellow flag combinations remains unchanged:
Stationary Yellow - Incident ahead. No overtaking from the point of the flag. Decrease your speed and be aware of other competitors.
Waved Yellow (single flag) - Incident in this sector. No overtaking. Decrease your speed and be wary of blind corners or crests. Importantly, competitors or marshals could be in the course if the incident has just occurred. Be prepared to stop.

After an incident, you may only begin to race again (i.e. overtake) after you pass (i.e. at the point of) the green flag (or lights).

We have introduced this new protocol as it is now used at FIM events, BSB and other national level events as well as by car racing. It allows the marshals to signal to you an even higher degree of danger than the single waved yellow flags.

This is being introduced to further improve your safety as competitors and also that of the volunteer marshals.

Anyone not respecting the flags and riding inappropriately will receive significant sanctions from the Clerk of the Course.

Printable Version Online >> CLICK HERE
IF YOU'VE FORGOTTEN YOUR LOGIN EMAIL ME, WE ARE GOING BACK TO BEING LOGGED IN TO READ.
steve@steveenglish.com subject:login and whatever details you remember
kew
Lapping the Tail Enders
D/P/T/M/S: driver
Full Name: Keith Walters

Re: Double waved yellow at Bemsee, bulletin

Unread post by kew »

Yet another load of nonsense.
The flag signals worked well in the past when:
motionless yellow - something has happened but nothing on the track.
waved yellow - something has happened and there is something on the track.
Even I could understand that.
I took the shell off my racing snail thinking it would make him faster.
It just made him more sluggish.