Roger Body retiring from the racing game..

For Results,please see the timekeeper's office next door! To register, click the link in the top right corner.
steve-e
Site Admin
D/P/T/M/S: resting Passenger
Full Name: Steve English
Skype contact: steveenglish.com
Twitter: @steveinmarden

Roger Body retiring from the racing game..

Unread post by steve-e »

RKB-F1 SIDECAR RACING ANNOUNCEMENT. After much consideration (and the onset of old age) I have decided to hang up my boots at the end of the year.

We have had a good run from the conception in 2010 with Thundersport right through to 2022 with BSB.

My thanks go out to all those people who have helped over the years to put the show on the road. In particular, Mike Dommett and his BEMSEE team, Barry Nutley, Glenn Walsh, Darren Philpott, Gary Bryan, Jane Haselden and Stuart Higgs at MSV and all of his team.

I will also be disbanding our team (Santander Salt) and again many thanks go out to all the riders we have had at the team and the team helpers. We will obviously be finishing the year, and look forward to the continued success of Todd Ellis and Emmanuelle Clement with back up from Rob Biggs team. We also have an interest with Jack Nixon in the FHO Team, again we will continue to support him.

I know there are many people in the wings looking to continue and improve on the series and I wish them every success in the future.

Roger Body
IF YOU'VE FORGOTTEN YOUR LOGIN EMAIL ME, WE ARE GOING BACK TO BEING LOGGED IN TO READ.
steve@steveenglish.com subject:login and whatever details you remember
Alan Richardson
Setting the Fastest Lap
D/P/T/M/S: Driver
Full Name: Alan

Re: Roger Body retiring from the racing game..

Unread post by Alan Richardson »

I wonder who the 'many people' are. It will be a pretty thankless task i reckon. Hope im wrong, but i get the feeling it will be like giving the kiss of life to a corpse.
SlowPhil
Throttle on the Stop
D/P/T/M/S: almost a driver
Full Name: phil jones

Unread post by SlowPhil »

Well done Roger, a doer not a talker! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Worked all week, it's time to play gonna get a little bit sideways!!!!
steve-e
Site Admin
D/P/T/M/S: resting Passenger
Full Name: Steve English
Skype contact: steveenglish.com
Twitter: @steveinmarden

Unread post by steve-e »

I guess we will find out next week at the revival Al, I'll hopefully get to chat to Roger and find out.. I'll also be going to see MD of course as I imagine Bemsee are going to be busy next year ;)
IF YOU'VE FORGOTTEN YOUR LOGIN EMAIL ME, WE ARE GOING BACK TO BEING LOGGED IN TO READ.
steve@steveenglish.com subject:login and whatever details you remember
Digger
On the Starting Grid
D/P/T/M/S: Passenger
Full Name: David Hammond

Unread post by Digger »

Roger has done a great amount for the sport, and we should all be thankful to him.

Whilst I know this would never happen for various reasons -

Assuming that the British F1 championship no longer runs alongside the BSB rounds, it would seem to be prime opportunity to amalgamate the British F2, and British F1s, into a "british championship" both with their respective classes/championships.

Ultimately the more outfits, regardless of class on the grid, the better. The more attractive the championship becomes to sponsors, advertisers.

Whilst the F1 outfits don't get the air time on TV, the video's that are produced and published online are of excellent quality, and it would be a terrible shame for those to end.

Rather than looking at the possible negatives, lets look at the positives, the sport is being handed a brilliant batton, with the right motivation, enthusiasm, it could (or should) at the least be maintained, if not built upon. If only there was other sidecar enthusiasts who are currently supporting the sport ;)

Unfortunately, the above would never happen, and that is the true tradegy. :(