The SideCar Show Presented by SlowPhil.

For Results,please see the timekeeper's office next door! To register, click the link in the top right corner.
SlowPhil
Throttle on the Stop
D/P/T/M/S: almost a driver
Full Name: phil jones

Show 97 A Bonanza Special.

Unread post by SlowPhil »

Show 97 A Bonanza Special.
www.sidecarradio.co.uk
http://www.steveenglish.com/index.php/s ... decar-show
The hardest, happiest and most frustrating race meeting for a lot of years, well that’s how I felt!!
Sidecar Royalty James Neave and Sean Hegarty were ready for a whole weekend on the BHR championship winning BEARs outfit of Ben and Dean Dickinson but due a mysterious intermittent fault they had to sit it out on Saturday. My thanks go out to Team Dickinson for all their hard work, even so.
On Sunday Lady Sidecar and I let the lads lose on our bike and they smashed it! I feel old and slow after watching them, nothing new there!
In a telephone I catch up with Dave DeMott and talk about his weekend hosting Maria Costello (MBE). I was expecting a disappointed Dave but he’s a pro!
My thanks to everyone who made the Bonanza such a success and a speedy recovery to the riders that were injured.
Special to all who helped make this one. If you would like some Sidecar Radio stickers please drop me a line
Please Share.
SP
Attachments
Juggy wheel up.jpg
Dave DeMott thatch.jpg
Claire and Slow.jpg
Claire and Slow.jpg (41.39 KiB) Viewed 124332 times
A Team Hegarty.jpg
A Team Hegarty.jpg (122.36 KiB) Viewed 124332 times
Worked all week, it's time to play gonna get a little bit sideways!!!!
SlowPhil
Throttle on the Stop

Re: The SideCar Show Presented by SlowPhil.

Show 98 An Irreverent Season Round with Super F1 and BEARs Passenger Gary Bloke :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: .
Another great trip over to Rubbing house, I love the people in the local pub and the chats and uproarious laughs I have with the legend they call ‘Gary Bloke’ :lol: . We talk about the past season and the tears we shed at the time of the TT. The intrigue within the world of F1 sidecars and the phenomenal success of Team Founds in all the F2 competitions the lads have contested.
Very soon, with the help of pro TV cameraman Steve Padwick :notworthy: and ‘ACU’ Gary Thompson :notworthy: I hope to be making a DVD TV program, promoting Sidecar racing in general including the ‘SideCar Radio BEARs’, our club BHR http://www.britishhistoricracingclub.co.uk/ and the ACU Benevolent fund :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: . If you could help by loaning me your bike, not to be ridden just to film and talk about, please contact me. We need and F1, F2, TZ front exit, British or BMW classic kneeler and a British Big Wheeler and maybe a word with the crews! This is going to be a big effort involving a lot of kind folk, all money, every penny will get to the ACU Benevolent fund and then on to our racing friends in need, so please help.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the supporters of SideCar Radio for your love and help in 2016. But I would also ask you to find a minute to take a look at the link below and maybe help our Sidecar brother Dean Banks :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: with his fight to save his baby grandson Riley from cancer.
https://www.gofundme.com/riley-treatmen ... rt-2utsrhg
SP
Attachments
Baby Riley 98.jpg
Baby Riley 98.jpg (57.95 KiB) Viewed 124276 times
b Gary bloke with Gary Bryan 98.jpg
b Gary bloke with Gary Bryan 98.jpg (91.35 KiB) Viewed 124276 times
a SP 'wat no swing'98.jpg
a SP 'wat no swing'98.jpg (40.78 KiB) Viewed 124276 times
SlowPhil
Throttle on the Stop

Show 99 Kev ‘Taffurelli’ Jones :notworthy: , ‘Dismount’ Dave De Mott :notworthy: ‘Rent Boy :notworthy: ’ and the one and only ‘WinDog :notworthy: ’ in a Christmas Special :lol: .
I travel all over the country to get these shows together and I always have a ball with the guest racers that are kind enough to talk to me but this show has been a blast. Taff would tell you that a small mistake at the altar of Sidecar racing almost cost him his life but the real story is how this star passenger has come through to this point, where he is already planning how he will help a new team in the coming season. ‘Dismount’ Dave has made the huge plunge into racing sidecar production, the man has got huge talent and I can’t wait until I can try one of his superb bikes! Winnie and Rent Boy banter central, these guys know how to party and man they know how to race too. Next year will see them lining up with me and quite a few old favourites on the BHR :notworthy: SideCar Radio BEARs grid :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: , please come and support us! PLEASE SHARE
Have a fantastic Christmas and your best ever year in 2017
SlowPhil
Attachments
Rent and WinDog.jpg
Rent and WinDog.jpg (47.46 KiB) Viewed 124174 times
Dave DeMott thatch.jpg
a Tafferalli.jpg
a Tafferalli.jpg (54.98 KiB) Viewed 124174 times
SlowPhil
Throttle on the Stop

Please Share x
Ok so a lot of you who have followed the show will realise that I haven't done one this year. Its disappointing to me but I made a choice to follow my own racing early in the year and that takes up time, then I tried really hard to help Riley and my energy just evaporated.
I'm ready to get back in the saddle now and would invite you all to suggest folk to come on the show very soon (please ask them for me if you can), its fine if its yourself. PM me here or give me contact details in the comments. I would also sincerely invite anyone who has been on before to come and do some more, I have enjoyed the company of every guest so far!
Remember the first 100 shows are available FOC at
www.sidecarradio.co.uk and
http://www.steveenglish.com/index.p…/sl ... decar-show
SlowPhil
Throttle on the Stop

SlowPhil wrote:Please Share x
Ok so a lot of you who have followed the show will realise that I haven't done one this year. Its disappointing to me but I made a choice to follow my own racing early in the year and that takes up time, then I tried really hard to help Riley and my energy just evaporated.
I'm ready to get back in the saddle now and would invite you all to suggest folk to come on the show very soon (please ask them for me if you can), its fine if its yourself. PM me here or give me contact details in the comments. I would also sincerely invite anyone who has been on before to come and do some more, I have enjoyed the company of every guest so far!
Remember the first 100 shows are available FOC at
http://www.sidecarradio.co.uk and
http://www.steveenglish.com/index.p…/sl ... decar-show
Attachments
Back to the future at Radio Leighton.jpg
Back to the future at Radio Leighton.jpg (54.85 KiB) Viewed 123169 times
25395990_10159879526520226_8039987598145662564_n[2].jpg
25395990_10159879526520226_8039987598145662564_n[2].jpg (70.67 KiB) Viewed 123169 times
SlowPhil
Throttle on the Stop

Show 101. 40 year old limit for novices at TT explained by Gary Thompson :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: and commented on by Roy Hanks :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: .

General Secretary for the ACU and Clerk of the course at the TT Gary Thompson is a smart guy. Following the introduction of age limits in other classes at the Manx, Gary has introduced a forty year old age limit for all newcomers at the Sidecar TT But it’s not all bad news as Gary explains.
Roy Hanks, with fifty (!!) TT’s and ninety seven starts under his belt has to be the foremost authority on the sidecar TT, Roy is also a director of ACU events Ltd and on this occasion doesn’t agree with Gary. These lads are close friends but sometimes you can’t agree about everything.
Attachments
RoyHankscropped.jpg
RoyHankscropped.jpg (70.89 KiB) Viewed 122893 times
Gary_SP_cropped.jpg
Gary_SP_cropped.jpg (42.81 KiB) Viewed 122893 times
ACU_2018_handbook_cropped.jpg
ACU_2018_handbook_cropped.jpg (72.85 KiB) Viewed 122893 times
Richard Rollings
Throttle on the Stop
D/P/T/M/S: driver/teaboy
Twitter: @madmille

Unread post by Richard Rollings »

Where do I find the shows now?
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
SlowPhil
Throttle on the Stop

Talk to Mr English...….
steve-e
Site Admin
D/P/T/M/S: resting Passenger
Full Name: Steve English
Skype contact: steveenglish.com
Twitter: @steveinmarden

Unread post by steve-e »

I have some still on dropbox I think, I know I have some on a hard drive (now packed for moving unfortunately) and I think there are a load still on the server.
BUT not all.
IF YOU'VE FORGOTTEN YOUR LOGIN EMAIL ME, WE ARE GOING BACK TO BEING LOGGED IN TO READ.
steve@steveenglish.com subject:login and whatever details you remember