Eddie Kiff

Loads of stuff, about all sorts including congrats. Join in. Relax.
The Racing stuff goes on elsewhere mostly..
Worldbiker
In Collection Area
D/P/T/M/S: Sponsor
Full Name: Richard Gore

Eddie Kiff

Unread post by Worldbiker »

Many of you will know Eddie and his long career as a passenger at the IOM TT and all over Europe. Many of you will not know that Eddie suffered a serious stroke at the back end of last year. It was touch and go for a few months but I'm pleased to say that he is slowly recovering and being looked after in a care home by some lovely ladies.

A few of his close friends, of which I am one, are looking after him and his interests, as well as visiting him regularly. Indeed I saw him only yesterday and he was in good spirits and chatting about the sidecar world and its people. He has made remarkable progress in the last few months and, with a bit of support and encouragement, I'm sure he will be up and about in a few months.

I know it would be good for him, and give him a lift, if he were to hear from the people he knows and raced with - and against! I don't want to disrupt the working of the care home so don't want to give out the address so, if you want to send him a card, would you PM me so I can give you my address. I will then deliver them to him.

By all means message me and I will try to keep you updated as his progress improves.
sidecarcop
Scything Through The Field
D/P/T/M/S: Driver
Full Name: Alan Warner

Re: Eddie Kiff

Unread post by sidecarcop »

Hi Richard, I known Eddie for many years and would love to contact him, what is prognosis, will he return home. Alan warner
BEARs sidecar 'Its racing Jim, but not as we know it' ;)
Worldbiker
In Collection Area

sidecarcop wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:00 pm Hi Richard, I known Eddie for many years and would love to contact him, what is prognosis, will he return home. Alan warner
PM sent
idris
Scything Through The Field

Unread post by idris »

Hi Richard, sorry to hear this news please pass on my best wishes to Eddie.
We had some good times when he was racing with Phil Croft & I am sure he will remember our trip to Colditz.
Regaurds Ian Hannam
fish
On the Starting Grid
D/P/T/M/S: Driver and organiser
Full Name: Mike and Georgie Salmon

Unread post by fish »

Only just seen this. Sorry to hear about Eddie. We saw him often at the Belgian races. Please pm us.
Please give him our very best wishes
Mick and George Salmon
Steve Reynolson
In Collection Area
D/P/T/M/S: ex mechanic
Full Name: Steve Reynoldson

Unread post by Steve Reynolson »

Hi I passed this sad news about Eddie, to John Barker today, he asked me to pass on his best wishes to Eddie and hopes he makes a good recovery.
Worldbiker
In Collection Area

Hi guys,
I'm sorry I haven't been on this site in a while so hadn't seen your kind messages.Thanks to all of you for taking the time to send him your best wishes.

I will, of course, pass on all your good wishes and I'm sure Eddie will be pleased to hear from you. I chat to him about racing and, when he's not too tired, he has pretty good recollection of his racing past. Recent memory unfortunately comes and goes.

His long term prognosis is somewhat unsure. It is unlikely that he will be able to return home, at least for not some time, but we keep our fingers crossed and do what we can to help him improve and also keep him entertained.

I'm happy to respond to your posts but am only logged on here infrequently so a PM is probably best.

Once again, thanks for your support for Eddie.