Sidecar screen

Classic and Vintage outfit discussion, including Where are they now, the people hunter.
spiney norman
Fired Up
D/P/T/M/S: D
Full Name: Jonathan Ryden

Sidecar screen

Unread post by spiney norman »

Does anyone know who sells the small perspex screens typically fitted to the CMRC/BHR/Camathias sidecar nose cones, the screen that fits on the top of the nosecone where the oil cooler often lives. My son bashed his helmet on ours and cracked it a few weeks ago when he was having his first time passengering and its beyond repair really. I've always got them from Ken Inwood previously but haven't seen him recently. I reckon a Meadspeed screen would work as they list dozens of different types but I dont know which one to order and darent risk a stab in the dark as they are forty odd quid.

Any info appreciated, Jon , Lincoln, 07825 304200
petercaughlin
Throttle on the Stop

Re: Sidecar screen

Unread post by petercaughlin »

Skidmarx on the Granby Estate in Weymouth do screens,you can take your old one in and they will use it as a template and make one while you wait however its an awful long trip from Lincoln
p.a.caughlin
brian b
On the Starting Grid
D/P/T/M/S: Ex Passenger

Unread post by brian b »

Try contacting Kieran Clarke at Eddy's Moto,Tadcaster,I think thathe used to make them.
spiney norman
Fired Up
D/P/T/M/S: D
Full Name: Jonathan Ryden

Unread post by spiney norman »

Thanks for replies re screen, despite your excellent advice on here and by whatsapp etc I suddenly remembered I'd bought one from Meadspeed in Milton Keynes before, so a call to them and bobs your auntie, I supply measurements and they supply screen. It's not specifically for sidecar, actually a 1960's/70's Yamaha TD1 I think, Meadspeed code #119 if it helps anyone else. They need measurements front to back and width and heigtht, all measurements horizontal or vertical, not around curves. Cheers, Jon Ryden, Lincoln.