Barry Sheene Meeting at Scarborough

Classic and Vintage outfit discussion, including Where are they now, the people hunter.
Dan
Lapping the Tail Enders
D/P/T/M/S: Driver - injured

Barry Sheene Meeting at Scarborough

Unread post by Dan »

When it was announced that classic sidecars would be included at the Barry Sheene meeting at Oliver's Mount on 26/27 June there was, apparently, a fair bit of interest shown but as of 14 May no entries have been received by the organisers.

Entries close on 21 May so if anybody wants to race at this iconic circuit they need to get their entries in without delay or there is a real risk that the sidecar class could be abandoned in favour of more solo races.

Andy Hayes, MD at Oliver's Mount and ex-racer (albeit on two wheels), is doing his best to keep sidecars at the circuit, at some loss of income to the organisers I would imagine, so it would be a great pity if the class had to be cancelled because of a lack of support.

There is no doubt that Andy and his wife Wendy are putting their heart and soul into making racing at Scarborough a success and they want sidecars to share in that success so come on you real road racing enthusiasts get backing this new management team at The Mount.

Regs and entry forms here https://www.243racing.co.uk/

I appreciate that F2 sidecars have normally been included at the Barry Sheene meeting but as this year's races clash with an FSRA championship round Andy decided not to make teams choose between the two meetings and so substituted the F2s with Classics, which are a class that should be seen at this particular meeting. I have no doubt that if there are sufficient entries of classic outfits Andy is the sort of person to include them in the future and maybe even run classes for both Classics and F2s at the Barry Sheene meeting.
Proud and honoured to be a member of Team Past It.
With age comes wisdom, maturity and responsibility.............unless you race sidecars !
steve-e
Site Admin
D/P/T/M/S: resting Passenger
Full Name: Steve English
Skype contact: steveenglish.com
Twitter: @steveinmarden

Re: Barry Sheene Meeting at Scarborough

Unread post by steve-e »

Cheers Dan, have posted that on the front and shared it about. Would be a real shame not to get a grid
IF YOU'VE FORGOTTEN YOUR LOGIN EMAIL ME, WE ARE GOING BACK TO BEING LOGGED IN TO READ.
steve@steveenglish.com subject:login and whatever details you remember
Dan
Lapping the Tail Enders
D/P/T/M/S: Driver - injured

Unread post by Dan »

Thanks Steve

Not being on FB or the like myself I was going to ask if you could spread the word. Hopefully there will be enough entries to form a grid.
Proud and honoured to be a member of Team Past It.
With age comes wisdom, maturity and responsibility.............unless you race sidecars !
mark_d
Smashed all the Records
D/P/T/M/S: Results guru
Full Name: Mark Dennis
Twitter: @MarkDennis2

Unread post by mark_d »

I think there are plenty of entries now and also F2s as British round from Anglesey has been cancelled
Results guru