A legend gone

Classic and Vintage outfit discussion, including Where are they now, the people hunter.
petercaughlin
Throttle on the Stop

A legend gone

Unread post by petercaughlin »

Just read Stan Dibben has passed away,R.I.P.
p.a.caughlin
steve-e
Site Admin
D/P/T/M/S: resting Passenger
Full Name: Steve English
Skype contact: steveenglish.com
Twitter: @steveinmarden

Re: A legend gone

Unread post by steve-e »

An absolute gentleman.

He had a smile that could light the room up, but you always knew he was looking for the next bit of mischief. Brilliant bloke 😁
IF YOU'VE FORGOTTEN YOUR LOGIN EMAIL ME, WE ARE GOING BACK TO BEING LOGGED IN TO READ.
steve@steveenglish.com subject:login and whatever details you remember
Sideslip
Scything Through The Field
D/P/T/M/S: Ex driver F2

Unread post by Sideslip »

steve-e wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:03 pm An absolute gentleman.

He had a smile that could light the room up, but you always knew he was looking for the next bit of mischief. Brilliant bloke 😁
https://youtu.be/NvNPIacuz3Y
Older - but none the wiser
Fritz
Scything Through The Field
D/P/T/M/S: Co Pilot
Full Name: Paul Yarwood

Unread post by Fritz »

How can we show our respects to the man.
steve-e
Site Admin

Unread post by steve-e »

I'll find out what is being arranged.
IF YOU'VE FORGOTTEN YOUR LOGIN EMAIL ME, WE ARE GOING BACK TO BEING LOGGED IN TO READ.
steve-e
Site Admin

Unread post by steve-e »

From Mark, I should copy this to the front of the site.
Hello Everyone,
Thanks so much to you all for your tremendous posts and memories of Dad. I must confess, there are too many for me to go through and 'Hold On' to the plot at the moment! I shall enjoy them all in due course - wonderful.
There will be no funeral because of Covid. In his own words, and typically Dad, "I shall be cross enough as it is, being dead. I would be furious if someone died as a result of feeling the need to come to a funeral!"
If you’d like to mark his passing, perhaps donate whatever you might have spent on flowers, or a card, or on journeying to a funeral if there had been one, to the TT Riders Association? Dad was a great fan of the TTRA and as we know they do such tremendous work. It’s what he wanted. If we all chipped in even just a fiver or a tenner, I know that would go a very, very long way. It is in the Isle of Man of course and, if you'd like to, here are the details:
Account Name : TT Riders Association
Sort code: 55-91-00
Account number: 10864733
Reference: Stan Dibben
Instead of a funeral, we shall have a nice something in celebration of Dad’s life when this wretched Covid thing is settled. This will be at the Trout Inn, Lechlade, which was his 'local'. Perhaps around his birthday next year, early May. Ben Matthews at Watsonian Sidecars has come up with the tremendous idea of a sidecar ride out (solos included of course), which could end up there.
There will hopefully be just a little something, too, during either the next TT or the next Classic TT on the Isle of Man. So that as many people as possible who would like to, have the opportunity to celebrate.
Well, that’s the plan at any rate. Hopefully Covid will allow it all to happen. I’ll say more on here nearer the date. In the meantime, raise a glass when next you get a chance!
Thanks so much once again for all your thoughts and best wishes, and I’m going to enjoy going through all these lovely posts over the coming days 😊
Stay safe, stay well, and all best cheers,
Mark