AFTER AN AMAZING WEEKEND at Brands Hatch last weekend with the RKB-Hyundai Heavy Industries British Sidecar Championship in conjuction with the British Superbike Championship (BSB) culmanating with a strong 7th place in the first race held in the dry - and a reasonable 13th place in the re-run race 2 held in very slippy conditions . Yangi19Motorsport Change disciplines for this coming weekend.
Jed Pilmoor-Brady (sidelined for Brands and very abely deputised by Jonny Allum) returns for the Team's first attack of the National Hill Climb Association's (www.nhca.co.uk) Championship 2018 at Gurston Down near Salisbury.
Having narrowly Won the Sidecar Class by just 2 points and finishing 13th overall in the Combined National Hill Climb Championship last year, Ian and Jed are keen to keep up a good pace this year, although they wont be competing all rounds.
Competition at Gurston will be strong in the Sidecar Class. Last year's Championship runners up Simon Foster & Jayne Foster should have their new chassis more sorted although they are still relying on 600cc Power. 3rd overall Last season Kev & Sara Dewell retain their home built chassis - a cross between a short F2 and LCR Steering/Suspension fitted with a Honda VRF 800 V4 engine that pulls strong up the hills.
Rodney Thorne and Kevin Young start their 2nd full season on the 600cc machine..... whilst Rod still switches 3 wheels for 4 wheels for his 5litre V8 Can-Am style Pilbeam ...sometimes peddling both AT THE SAME EVENTS!!!
Former Champions and Multiple Record Holders Paddy & Paul Keates also make their return to Gurston after loosing a few Hill Records to the yangi19 motorsport team last year. with Newer, much lighter, Bodywork and a renewed entusiasm, the pair on their R1 Powered Baker Tubilar F1 machine will be a force to be reconned with all season!
ALL THE HILL CLIMB ACTION takes Place THIS WEEKEND
Gurston Down HIllClimb.
Gurston Farm, Broad Chalke, Salisbury, Wiltshire. SP5 5HR
Bikes/Sidecars/Trikes on Sunday ONLY. Practice commences around 9am Both days.
On Event days only the Gurston Office Telephone Number is 01722 780340 (from around 0730 onwards)
PLEASE NOTE: Dogs are NOT permitted on site.
• The BARC SW’s Gurston Down Hillclimb takes place on Gurston Farm, just west of the village of Broad Chalke, which is some ten miles south-west of the City of Salisbury in the County of Wiltshire, Southern England.
• Access to Gurston Down is best made by turning off the A354 at Coombe Bissett, some three miles south-west of Salisbury
• Follow the unclassified road through the villages of Stratford Tony and Bishopstone to Broad Chalke.
• Once in the village of Broad Chalke, follow sharp right just past the Public House, and pass the new houses on your right.
• After a further 100 metres the road turns sharp left
• Continue along this road approximately one mile, the entrance to Gurston Down is on the right-hand side, just beyond the 30mph speed de-restriction signs.